bookworm24198
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I've been given the following question- what do we learn about the relationship between Amir and Hassan on chapter 6? I'm really confused as to how I could tackle this I kind of know what I want to say but It's not enough, is there anyone who has read this that could help with examples? I am so desperate I've been struggling with this for over a week. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks for reading
Fawkesgirl33
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could look at the relationship between Amir and Hassan in terms of their roles in the build up to the kite tournament- Amir as the 'kite fighter' and Hassan as the 'Kite Runner'. As Hassan is the eponymous hero of the title, it suggests that this concept of dedication, etc., is really relevant, especially given their reversed roles at the end of the novel. However, this might be more relevant in the next chapter.
Also, the scene in which Amir tests Hassan's loyalty- and Hassan in turn tests Amir's morality- shows the nuances of their relationship. It's probably one of the most important scenes in the novel, and a lot of analysis can go into it, especially if you bring in contextual infortmation about Pashtun and Hazara, Sunni and Shi'a, servant and master.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
13.89%
I need help researching courses (5)
6.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
41.67%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.17%

Watched Threads