The Student Room Group

Should I do Politics or Politics & Sociology as Degree - 2015

I have been interested in doing a politics degree for a while. And have enjoyed studying sociology for the past 3 year, I've found I have good understanding of the topic and have considered pursuing it before.

However I've found that my predicted grades (ABB) make me unable to apply for the universities that provide the most desirable politics degree. However I qualify for may of their politics and sociology degree courses. However when I suggested doing the double major people shot me down, questioning what I could do with a degree in politics and sociology and now I'm worried if I were to apply for the double major I'd be disadvantaging myself.

The universities providing the politics and sociology degrees really appeal to me but I worry about job prospects after. I understand that politics itself doesn't provide guaranteed job prospects. but at the moment I'm torn over just doing a politics degree or pursuing a politics and sociology degree.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Original post by Wumeh
I have been interested in doing a politics degree for a while. And have enjoyed studying sociology for the past 3 year, I've found I have good understanding of the topic and have considered pursuing it before.

However I've found that my predicted grades (ABB) make me unable to apply for the universities that provide the most desirable politics degree. However I qualify for may of their politics and sociology degree courses. However when I suggested doing the double major people shot me down, questioning what I could do with a degree in politics and sociology and now I'm worried if I were to apply for the double major I'd be disadvantaging myself.

The universities providing the politics and sociology degrees really appeal to me but I worry about job prospects after. I understand that politics itself doesn't provide guaranteed job prospects. but at the moment I'm torn over just doing a politics degree or pursuing a politics and sociology degree.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Reply 2
he universities that provide the most desirable politics degree

which university do you think provide the best politics degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending