Alan Pardew : Stay or go ? Watch

Poll: Should Pardew stay or go ?
Keep him at the club - things will improve (5)
27.78%
Sack him (13)
72.22%
mccrae01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
After a rubbish end to last season and a winless start to this one, including a 4-0 defeat to Southampton yesterday - should Newcastle get rid of Pardew or not ?

Personally I'd say they should get rid of him and bring Moyes in, he got Everton from this position to where they are now - although I can't imagine that it would be hugely popular.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pulis or Moyes would be perfect for Newcastle. Pardew should have been sacked at the end of last season.
yaboy Kanye
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A ton of exciting French attacking players and you suggest Moyes and Pulis?

wot

Keep him and let him try further. They aren't getting relegated in September
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think he should and will go if they lose their next game.

He did take Newcastle to 5th but as usual, Ashley fecks everything up with really poor decisions. His team of buyers get the odd good player but Pardew hasn't really got much say in what he wants. I can't see Moyes/Pulis/Bruce going there so they might have to stick with him. But as much as Pardew, clearly, has managerial ability but his behaviour at times is horrible so wouldn't be overly sad for him personally if he got the chop.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's going to stay regardless isn't he? Unless things get really really bad. Guy's contract doesn't run out until 2020.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He'll end up going. His position is close to untenable.

That said, I love the bloke. He's a walking disaster. The PL won't be as entertaining without him. Pards to stay.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He'll only go if they get relegated again
michaelhaych
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've always defended Alan Pardew at every opportunity, thinking that he's done a very good job given the huge limitations placed on him by Ashley; he's been at Newcastle for 4 seasons and in 3 of those seasons his best player has been sold in January and not replaced (Carroll, Ba and Cabaye), the one time that didn't happen we finished 5th which was a monumental achievement for a team that was in the Championship 2 years prior; that would be the equivalent of Crystal Palace or Hull City challenging for a Champions League place this season, even more impressive if one considers he also lost Barton, Nolan and Jose Enrique, the core of the previous season's team in the summer, spent nothing and replaced them with French nobodies.

Given the severe lack of investment by the chairman the best Newcastle can ever hope for is 7th - 10th and that's exactly where we are under Pardew, I think that if we'd been consistently average last season instead of brilliant in the first half of the season and atrocious in the second that Pardew would not be under any pressure from the fans but that hasn't happened and Pardew and the team are under too much pressure for things to ever return to normal again and the dramatic loss of form since January indicates that Yohan Cabaye was contributing far more to the team than people expected and that Pardew was overly reliant on him.

If Pardew can't make the team work without Cabaye then he has to go because he won't be getting another player of Cabaye's quality, our perfomances since January have not been good enough and the quite frankly amateur performance against Southampton was the final nail in the coffin for me.

I don't think Pardew is a bad manager and with a more dedicated chairman I definitely think it would have worked out, we would be in a situation like David Moyes at Everton consistently finishing 6th - 8th. Tony Pulis is not the man to replace him, Pulis is like Allardyce or Bruce in that he's very good at establishing bad teams in mid-table (14th - 10th) and guaranteeing them safety but that's his plateau, he can't take a team beyond that and that's where Newcastle need to be.
Davalla
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He should stay; the manager is always to be blamed after a bad performance, but it will get better.

That said, he is likely to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mccrae01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ashley's given him a vote of confidence .

I suspect he'll be sacked within 24 hours then .
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it means Moyes is in line for the job then I'm all for Pards going.

It's like replacing Basil Fawlty with Barry Chuckle.
Abbieastoria
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GO! Please! Enough is enough and this ain't gonna have a pretty ending. The tension between him and the fans is passed the point of no return

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pickles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As much as I want Newcastle to start doing better, it's so easy to sit around and say let him go. He's not a bad manager, he just needs a bit of time to figure out what works. Newcastle don't exactly have a great team at the moment, it went down the pan as soon as Ben Arfa went last season. He won't be leaving anytime soon, so fans will have to deal with it I'm afraid.
Abbieastoria
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
As much as I want Newcastle to start doing better, it's so easy to sit around and say let him go. He's not a bad manager, he just needs a bit of time to figure out what works. Newcastle don't exactly have a great team at the moment, it went down the pan as soon as Ben Arfa went last season. He won't be leaving anytime soon, so fans will have to deal with it I'm afraid.
He's a terrible manager, commands no respect from his players (probably due to nutting someone on the touch line) Ben Arfa has only been gone a week not since last season and that was all Pardews doing. Pardew has a habit of falling out with players and instead of resolving it just getting rid of them, that's terrible managing!

Furthermore his tactics are shocking, player 5,2,3,1 every bloody game this season and it doesn't work, please for the love of God play 4-4-2 for once!!!!
He also plays players out of position, doesn't let them do what they're good at and is currently leaving a vulnerable player upfront on his own. He has got literally noooo idea.

The relationship with the fans is passed ruined! It's gotten to the point where most people are secretly hoping we lose against Hull this weekend so that he gets the chop. For Geordies to want their team to do badly, it's clear the situation is pretty desperate, please just leave Pardew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pickles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abbieastoria)
He's a terrible manager, commands no respect from his players (probably due to nutting someone on the touch line) Ben Arfa has only been gone a week not since last season and that was all Pardews doing. Pardew has a habit of falling out with players and instead of resolving it just getting rid of them, that's terrible managing!

Furthermore his tactics are shocking, player 5,2,3,1 every bloody game this season and it doesn't work, please for the love of God play 4-4-2 for once!!!!
He also plays players out of position, doesn't let them do what they're good at and is currently leaving a vulnerable player upfront on his own. He has got literally noooo idea.

The relationship with the fans is passed ruined! It's gotten to the point where most people are secretly hoping we lose against Hull this weekend so that he gets the chop. For Geordies to want their team to do badly, it's clear the situation is pretty desperate, please just leave Pardew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did mean Cabaye - sorry about this. But who have you got now?

Agreed on tactics, you've got to walk before you can run, but it's the team as much of the manager.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think Ashley dare sack "the king" Pardew..

http://pic.twitter.com/3Z4cnUHy6c
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
I don't think Ashley dare sack "the king" Pardew..

http://pic.twitter.com/3Z4cnUHy6c
Didn't he shag Jose Fonte's wife while at Southampton, too?
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Didn't he shag Jose Fonte's wife while at Southampton, too?
Not heard that one tbh but, come on, he's The King! Whatever he wants - he gets!
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Not heard that one tbh but, come on, he's The King! Whatever he wants - he gets!
There's some great stories about him from former colleagues. The King one takes the biscuit, though.
Abbieastoria
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looking forward to going to the hull game this Saturday but atmosphere will be toxic and expecting to lose

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.03%
1 (89)
13.03%
2 (88)
12.88%
18.89%
22.25%
19.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed