??
Sacred Ground
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tj789)
??
I've been doing it for 3 weeks, my exam board is AQA but I'm not really enjoying it sadly, I wanted to do a biology degree but this has made me rethink my options.
HeavyTeddy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did OCR Biology, I found it incredibly interesting and thoroughly enjoyed it (so much so that I decided to do a Biology degree). It's like marmite, you either love it or hate it depending on exam board, teachers, whether you generally find Biology interesting or not, whether you prefer to memorise or apply techniques (Biology exams basically test your ability to memorise and regurgitate information in a certain manner).
denteddental
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You develop deep hatred to every animal that you have been made to study and continue to do so for the rest of your life.
Booyah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You begin to devise plans on how to remove all the plants in the world... I really hate plant Biology....
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
You develop deep hatred to every animal that you have been made to study and continue to do so for the rest of your life.
LOL :rolleyes:
Youni-chan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is, except ecology. Ecology is really boring. Everything else is fairly interesting but it's hard subject and takes a lot of time and commitment.
amiehope
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did OCR biology and found it really interesting- so much more so than gcse! The only problem is that it is very hard :/ for the most part, AS is just remembering a vast amount of content with a small amount of application, however A2 is a massive step up and requires a lot of application in the exam (contrary to popular belief) and a huge amount of content.
For example, I got a high B at AS and didn't do as much revision as I should of, however at A2 I revised everything and kept on top of it all throughout the year and ended up with a C :/ though I do believe the exams were a lot tougher in terms of application this year than previous years, I feel that is the direction they are going for future exams so just be warned

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blood
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I love how everyone dislikes biology here

(Original post by Sacred Ground)
I've been doing it for 3 weeks, my exam board is AQA but I'm not really enjoying it sadly
Preach it :five:
lilixxx1000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is very interesting in parts but often not enjoyable due to the sheer amount of knowledge you have to learn, the data interpretation questions and the coursework.
2en1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just started A2 and what can I say other than it's really amazing and enjoyable subject? There's such a variety of content- from plants to human body to the environment! Not gonna lie, it's pretty difficult, even if you know the content that is simply not enough, you need to learn how to apply it in exam questions
RagaZ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AS is piss easy but really boring in my opinion especially the whole biodiversity sections and plant sections.

A2 on the other hand, ive just started it, and its a lot more intresting and i mean there is more "real" biology that you want to learn none of the bs of AS. However we havent got up to the biodiversity and ecology sections yet....so im bracing my self for how rubbish its gonna turn
Tj789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by RagaZ)
AS is piss easy but really boring in my opinion especially the whole biodiversity sections and plant sections.

A2 on the other hand, ive just started it, and its a lot more intresting and i mean there is more "real" biology that you want to learn none of the bs of AS. However we havent got up to the biodiversity and ecology sections yet....so im bracing my self for how rubbish its gonna turn
What exam board are you with?
Komodo dragon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was on AQA and hated AS biology- the bs "how science works" questions, pedantic mark schemes and my teacher. (It also didn't help that I had all my lessons on monday...) I lost all interest in the subject and despised it, but then realised that it was my hatred for my teacher that was making me hate the subject. So I regained my interest by reading biology away from a levels, doing work at home and having a more positive attitude to the subject. I actually TRIED to enjoy it. Now in A2, I'm enjoying biology much more, and even if there are bits that are very hard/boring, I prefer it much more now.
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Like a few people here, I hated AS bio but loved A2 bio!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?