The Student Room Group

Is my maths good enough for economics at these universities?

Basically i am a gap year student and i have acheived A*-Biology, A-Maths (90 in c3, but 73 in c4) , A-Economics, A-Chemistry in my A-levels.
I am looking to apply to do economics at :
Oxford- (Eco and management)
Warwick-Economics
Bristol-Economics
Durham-Economics
Kings college-(eco and management)

Are these realistic choices??
I have captained my school football team at various levels, won economics prize at my school, read a few books about economics.

Are these university choices realistic?? Any other units that you could suggest which would be better choices?
I really enjoy economics and really want to do it at uni, any help advice would be appreciated
You should be fine! A*AAA would I think meet all of their entrance requirements (double check on their websites of course). Since you have already achieved your grades you are in a very strong position - so there is no need to apply to many 'safe' choices below your grades, just pick the universities you like the best :smile:
Also check if any of them want Further Maths - it may be required or strongly preferred... If several of them mention it, is there the possibility of you self-teaching AS FM this year during your gap year?

Bear in mind that the Oxbridge deadline is approaching, so get your personal statement etc. sorted ASAP :smile:
Reply 2
[QUOTE="dragonkeeper999;50358633"]You should be fine! A*AAA would I think meet all of their entrance requirements (double check on their websites of course). Since you have already achieved your grades you are in a very strong position - so there is no need to apply to many 'safe' choices below your grades, just pick the universities you like the best :smile:
Also check if any of them want Further Maths - it may be required or strongly preferred... If several of them mention it, is there the possibility of you self-teaching AS FM this year during your gap year?

Bear in mind that the Oxbridge deadline is approaching, so get your personal statement etc. sorted ASAP :smile:[/QUOTE

Going to start writing it very soon, got a lot of free time at the moment so should be done quickly after completing a few drafts. Well i was thinking about it, but going to email these universities first to check if it would be of any benefit or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending