The Student Room Group

How does resitting affect chances of getting into good Uni?

The first year of AS I was admittedly lazy and messed about too much, and unsurprisingly got CDED results in Bio, Physics, Maths and English. So i retook that year, dropped English for Chemistry, and this year I came out with AAAB, with the B in Chem, which i've now dropped for A2.

My question is how much that first year is gonna affect my chances of getting into a top Uni? I wanna go to a London Uni, like Kings or UCL, but I've also been told by some to look at Imperial. The course I wanna do is Biomedical Engineering, but I dont know how realistic Imperial is. Is it worth a shot or am I wasting one of choices?
Not nearly as much as people think (the main exception is Oxbridge/Medicine courses).

If you meet or exceed entry requirements for a course based on predicted grades, you have a 'good' chance of getting an offer. If your AS results also match or exceed the requirements then a very good chance.
Reply 2
thanks, the entry requirements say A*AA, and I don't know what I'm predicted, but I should be in a good position. Would the D from English also affect it though or would that be meaningless?

Quick Reply

Latest