goes to show how pathetic our generation is...

Watch
Doob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago

JVD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I sense a bit of hyperbole in your post. Sure, some of the "just girly things" seem a bit light compared to the following images... but it's not exactly like our whole generation is like either of those extreme situations...
Jubz1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How dare they enjoy themselves

*though those images with those captions irritate the hell out of me*
Autistic Merit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So you have to serve in the army to be worthwhile?
Doob
Rep:
?
(Original post by Autistic Merit)
So you have to serve in the army to be worthwhile?
your clearly taking it at face value, which is not necessarily the point, although it is a big part of it
Autistic Merit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Doob)
your clearly taking it at face value, which is not the point
Would it not be better to get something more masculine than Just Girly Things? You're not only comparing generations here, you're also comparing teenage girls to 1940s men in their twenties. It would be better if generation was your only variable.
Doob
Rep:
?
(Original post by Autistic Merit)
Would it not be better to get something more masculine than Just Girly Things? You're not only comparing generations here, you're also comparing teenage girls to 1940s men in their twenties. It would be better if generation was your only variable.
not all soldiers were grown men, in fact, many of them were in their teens in the 1940's who managed to get into the army.

god you lot are pedantic
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not entirely sure what point OP is trying to get across?
Xenorebrem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Doob)
not all soldiers were grown men, in fact, many of them were in their teens in the 1940's who managed to get into the army.

god you lot are pedantic
Just out of curiosity, what is it that we should be doing to not be considered "pathetic" ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LadyMcCartney4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What is your point? No one is allowed to feel sad unless they're in a war?
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Er... What? Should we only ever discuss matters of grave importance?. Are we not allowed to have feelings unless they are caused by the atrocities of war?! Wtf kind of weird inflammatory troll post is this? Haha.
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not every person in this 'pathetic generation' as you call it is all wrapped up inside their thoughts.
Society develops, so does human minds.
But yes, minority of this present generation just makes me cringe, yet I do not contemplate their thoughts; I have my own life to worry about, my academics & research always comes first.
Doob
Rep:
?
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
Er... What? Should we only ever discuss matters of grave importance?. Are we not allowed to have feelings unless they are caused by the atrocities of war?! Wtf kind of weird inflammatory troll post is this? Haha.
not making a big deal of ****, when others experience it 100x worse, yet manage it just as well
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
This is what matters.
Society has developed greatly, so there is disparity among each human being.
We all value different things and live with different norms.
Sociology classes *sigh*
username878045
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Those men fought for the future we have today. They fought so teenagers today don't have to.
Xenorebrem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Doob)
not making a big deal of ****, when others experience it 100x worse, yet manage it just as well
In that case its all relative. Believe it or not,there have been people in situations worse than fighting on the front lines of a war, and some of whom have coped better than those whose pictures you have shown. Hence are these soldiers "pathetic" in your eyes ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doob
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenorebrem)
In that case its all relative. Believe it or not,there have been people in situations worse than fighting on the front lines in a war, and some of whom have coped better than those whose pictures you have shown. Hence are these soldiers "pathetic" in your eyes ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
strawman arguments...
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It just shows how pathetic you are.
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Not entirely sure what point OP is trying to get across?
That apparently in the 1940's we had no middle to upper class girls who spent their time doing frivolous things and everyone was in a war zone.....

...yeah sure OP.
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Doob)
Well you're making a big deal of **** by making silly posts on here. Why don't we all live in caves and raise our own livestock and fight each other for land, maybe then we are entitled to have feelings, preferences and opinions about our own lives?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads