Turn on thread page Beta

Exciting things that you can do for free? watch

ReputationRep:
    Since bein at uni I've realised that every single thing I do usually ends up costing money. So i'm trying to find as many free things as possible which we can do at university and are fun (each to his own).

So far my list is pretty crap.

1) Play Football/Sport in a park
    2) Go for a walk/cycle to the peak district
    3) Do some volunteering work
    4) Give Blood (not so much fun but satisfying, plus u can get pissed on less)
    5) Sex? (condoms are usually free these days)
    6) Read a book - ZJuwelH
    7) Listening to Music - Unistudnet
    8) Gardening - Moncal
    9) Fishing - Piginapoke

Regards,

Adam

ReputationRep:
    clinical testing!

ReputationRep:
    I'd play football every day if I could. Try reading (library stuff), learn chess and card games. Go to the Peak District and meditate, I would (also if there were cemeteries nearby, take in the atmosphere).

I'm weird aren't I.

ReputationRep:
    errrm. go window shopping (usually ends up expenisive for me tho).
    go for a nice drive in the country (free if you rob parents car just after they filled up)
    go to a club that's free to get into and don't drink

actually there's hardly anything.

on the plus, i got a free game of bowling last week cos we went into play pool + have a drink + my mate was there and his brother-in-law works there and asked us if we wanted a game cos they were really quiet. *moral* make friends with people who work everwhere

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I'd play football every day if I could. Try reading (library stuff), learn chess and card games. Go to the Peak District and meditate, I would (also if there were cemeteries nearby, take in the atmosphere).

I'm weird aren't I.
    Oh yeah, reading can make the list. Thats quite a good one.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    Listening to music
    Chatting on UKL
    Degrading one selve on UKL
    Going for a walk in the mersey valley
    The chats we have in between lectures at uni. Only our group can talk about AIDS, peadophilia, Jam donuts and the labour party in once sentance!

ReputationRep:
    I vote you go and play basketball at the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    4) Give Blood (not so much fun but satisfying, plus u can get pissed on less)
    No you can't nonsense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maskal|)
    No you can't nonsense
    That is what I was thinking. If giving blood is safe (which it is) then surely it must be pretty much the same density in your body otherwise you will be ill.

ReputationRep:
    Or you could take up gardening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    5) Sex? (condoms are usually free these days)
    It depends whether shes a whore or not, if you are sex with a whore id imagine it could be quite expensive depending on quality of the whore and which acts to perform.

Also condoms are expensive as hell!! Where dya get free ones?? I never heard of dat....

ReputationRep:
    You can get drunk easier after giving blood.

The fact is you have less blood in your system, so the blood alcohol level rises faster as it is spread out less. Obviously they aint going to drain all your blood out!

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unistudnet)
    That is what I was thinking. If giving blood is safe (which it is) then surely it must be pretty much the same density in your body otherwise you will be ill.

That's why you are only allowed to give so much at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maskal|)
    It depends whether shes a whore or not, if you are sex with a whore id imagine it could be quite expensive depending on quality of the whore and which acts to perform.

Also condoms are expensive as hell!! Where dya get free ones?? I never heard of dat....
    most family planning clinics

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Playing Doctors and Nurses with fellow female hallmates.

Always hours of fun...

ReputationRep:
    Sex for money is cheaper than sex for free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Sex for money is cheaper than sex for free.
    but less fun. you got to be very utilitarian about it.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Skimming stones (great fun)
    Fishing
    Climb up some stuff like trees (and/or make a swing)
    Build things out of old bits of wood
    Steal gnomes or other garden ornaments (return them later after taking a polaroid)
    Knock down a wall with a sledgehammer (great stress relief)
    I think you're one of those people that'll always be a kid at heart, and that's not a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I think you're one of those people that'll always be a kid at heart, and that's not a bad thing
    hehe yeah he reminds me of one of my mates Pete, he is a little kid, he is mad full of energy and always up for a party. He is always one of the most clever people I know in a different kind of way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I want to try that 'freerunning' stuff where you climb up stuff and jump off rooves, but I don't live in a city.
    Like that guy on the BBC 'break' adverts about digital?

Adam

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.