The Student Room Group

Doing two degrees??

I am interested in science and engineering and I want to study chemical engineering to masters level at university, however I also enjoy the mechanical and physical aspects of science. So my question to you is, is it possible for me to gain a masters in chemical and a degree in physics or mechanical engineering? If this is possible then how many additional years at university will this take and will student finance, finance this?
Reply 1
Original post by kda_100
I am interested in science and engineering and I want to study chemical engineering to masters level at university, however I also enjoy the mechanical and physical aspects of science. So my question to you is, is it possible for me to gain a masters in chemical and a degree in physics or mechanical engineering? If this is possible then how many additional years at university will this take and will student finance, finance this?

You should be able to do Mechanical Engineering BEng, then get a masters degree in Chemical Engineering. The jump from Physics to Chemical Engineering is less likely, but is definitely feasible. This whole thing at most universities will take 4 years. I'm not sure about the finance issue, but I think you may have to fund the masters yourself but there may be a lot of help available. Hopefully this has helped.
Reply 2
Noo, the jump is from chemical engineering to mechanical or physics
Reply 3
Lemme re phrase my question, is it possible to get a bsc in chemical engineering and a msc in both chemical and mechanical
Reply 4
Original post by kda_100
Lemme re phrase my question, is it possible to get a bsc in chemical engineering and a msc in both chemical and mechanical

You definitely phrased it wrong in the original post. And regarding your question, I don't see anything wrong with doing both the masters, one after the other. But it could be a massive waste of time, and by the end of the 3-year BSc you'll probably have one in mind to do anyway.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest