patronusleviosa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
anyone have a layout on how to answer 12 mark questions?

thanks!
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by patronusleviosa)
anyone have a layout on how to answer 12 mark questions?

thanks!
Moved to Sociology section
sophus18x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't faff around with an intro..get straight to what the question is asking you. Ideally you want approx 3 meaty paragraphs to get your point across. Best way to ensure that you get the marks is to

1) Make your point in the first sentence i.e. one factor that contributes towards etc…. is….
2) Use examples to back up your point i.e. this is demonstrated by etc….
3) Use another example if you can but if not apply theory here… Durkheim supports this point etc…
4) MOST IMPORTANT!!!! Make sure that at the end of every paragraph you make sure that you tell the examiner how the point that you've just made is answering the question in the title. By doing this you are picking up marks that most candidates miss out on because they "fail to answer the titled question'.

You can't go far wrong with this as you are making 3 different points in separate, well structured paragraphs, using evidence/examples to back it up and then you are rounding the paragraph off with how it links to the question.

My teacher taught me this very easy and very effective method to writing essays in sociology and I achieved an A* grade with 360/400.
Hope this helps…best of luck for the year.
Maura Kat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sophus18x)
Don't faff around with an intro..get straight to what the question is asking you. Ideally you want approx 3 meaty paragraphs to get your point across. Best way to ensure that you get the marks is to
heya. i've been for someone like you to come along TSR and im so happy i came across your posts.
i am doing Families and Theory & methods for AS level.

do you have any powerpoint slides or notes for Unit 1 Families & Unit 2 Theory & Methods?
thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (191)
14.28%
I'm not sure (59)
4.41%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.77%
I'm not a current university student (658)
49.18%

Watched Threads