Knowlesracka
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Have some questions about entering AS levels on UCAS:

1). I have just received my AS level results and am now taking A Level classes. So do I have enter either GCE Advanced Level grades, GCE Advanced Subsidiary (First Award 2001) or both? I currently have both, with the GCE Advanced grades all "Pending" with no modules, and the AS Subsidiary with all 6 of my AS grades and modules. Which do I need?

2). For the unit titles on the AS level option, I have entered "Governing the UK" for AS Politics, but "Citizenships Studies Unit 1" for Citizenship. Are the Units EXACTLY as they say on my results slip? Essentially, would I enter "People and Politics" or "Government and Politics 1"?

3.) I'm applying to Cambridge, so my internal college deadline is this week. Can I just fill in the UCAS form for Cambridge, then decide on my other choices at a later date? Or do I have to add all 5 choices now?

If anyone could help me out, it would save a lot of hassle. Thanks!
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Knowlesracka)
Have some questions about entering AS levels on UCAS:

1). I have just received my AS level results and am now taking A Level classes. So do I have enter either GCE Advanced Level grades, GCE Advanced Subsidiary (First Award 2001) or both? I currently have both, with the GCE Advanced grades all "Pending" with no modules, and the AS Subsidiary with all 6 of my AS grades and modules. Which do I need?

2). For the unit titles on the AS level option, I have entered "Governing the UK" for AS Politics, but "Citizenships Studies Unit 1" for Citizenship. Are the Units EXACTLY as they say on my results slip? Essentially, would I enter "People and Politics" or "Government and Politics 1"?

3.) I'm applying to Cambridge, so my internal college deadline is this week. Can I just fill in the UCAS form for Cambridge, then decide on my other choices at a later date? Or do I have to add all 5 choices now?

If anyone could help me out, it would save a lot of hassle. Thanks!
I'm sorry I can't help but Citizenship AS ? Is it good?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1) http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1744719 explains how to enter your AS and A levels

2) put exactly what it says on your results slip. If it wont fit use obvious abbreviations

3) yes you can apply to 1 choice now and then add further choices later. However it is simpler if you apply to 2 choices first then add the rest (other wise you have to go through paying for your application twice)
Knowlesracka
Rep:
?
(Original post by elmosandy)
I'm sorry I can't help but Citizenship AS ? Is it good?
No.

Only joking, at my college if you take Politics then you get automatically entered to the AS Citizenship exam. You thinking of doing it?
Knowlesracka
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
1) http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1744719 explains how to enter your AS and A levels

2) put exactly what it says on your results slip. If it wont fit use obvious abbreviations

3) yes you can apply to 1 choice now and then add further choices later. However it is simpler if you apply to 2 choices first then add the rest (other wise you have to go through paying for your application twice)
Fantastic, thank you very much! How would applying for two choices work, would I just send it off now then have the option to add more at my leisure?
elmosandy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No.

Only joking, at my college if you take Politics then you get automatically entered to the AS Citizenship exam. You thinking of doing it?

How does that work btw?

And yeah
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fantastic, thank you very much! How would applying for two choices work, would I just send it off now then have the option to add more at my leisure?
As I understand it you add 2 choices, submit it and once your application is processed and you log into Track you'll have the option to add further choices there. Alternatively you can do it over the phone with UCAS.
Knowlesracka
Rep:
?
(Original post by elmosandy)
How does that work btw?

And yeah
How does what work, getting entered into the exam? My college entered literally every student who took Politics, Sociology or Law, so if you do those you could ask your teacher about it. They did it because you learn a lot of what could be in the test through those three lessons... I didn't revise at all and I got an A, so it shows that having Politics really helped.

But I guess you could spend the year doing it as an AS if you wanted to...
Knowlesracka
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
As I understand it you add 2 choices, submit it and once your application is processed and you log into Track you'll have the option to add further choices there. Alternatively you can do it over the phone with UCAS.
Brilliant. One last question; I have entered all of my GCSE grades, for which I have a physical copy of the certificates for all but two. These two were GCSEs I completed in Year 10, but I know the exam board and grade for each. But, I'm not sure what the date of certification. To be safe, I put in June 2012, as my other GCSEs were all June 2013, and all my AS were June 2014. Is this okay? I sat the exams in May/June.
elmosandy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How does what work, getting entered into the exam? My college entered literally every student who took Politics, Sociology or Law, so if you do those you could ask your teacher about it. They did it because you learn a lot of what could be in the test through those three lessons... I didn't revise at all and I got an A, so it shows that having Politics really helped.

But I guess you could spend the year doing it as an AS if you wanted to...

Ahh great& I heard its really easy too...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads