The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

English at UEA?

What is english at uea like? Is it better than at nottingham? THey are my 2 top choices, but at nottingham i could completely miss out their drama and performance module, as I'll be doing joint honours and need only take 3 core modules.
Are there drama modules, or anything else requiring performance at UEA? I hate drama/acting as I have social anxity and would be sure to fail anything like that. At UEA I'd be doing american literature and creative writing.
Also, what is creative writing at UEA like?

Finally, I went to look round UEA and was slightly dissapointed at how...concrete everything is. The actual campus doesn't seem nice at all. If anyone's studying there, can you tell me if this is an issue at all? Or does the course completly make up for it?
thank you! x
Original post by Laura57
What is english at uea like? Is it better than at nottingham? THey are my 2 top choices, but at nottingham i could completely miss out their drama and performance module, as I'll be doing joint honours and need only take 3 core modules.
Are there drama modules, or anything else requiring performance at UEA? I hate drama/acting as I have social anxity and would be sure to fail anything like that. At UEA I'd be doing american literature and creative writing.
Also, what is creative writing at UEA like?

Finally, I went to look round UEA and was slightly dissapointed at how...concrete everything is. The actual campus doesn't seem nice at all. If anyone's studying there, can you tell me if this is an issue at all? Or does the course completly make up for it?
thank you! x

it's very unlikely anyone on here can tell you if the course is better than nottingham because that is subjective and few if any people will have experience of both. What I can tell you is that full course details are here:
https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/ba-american-literature-with-creative-writing#course-profile

As you can see there are no drama modules offered so you'll be fine on that front.

And you barely notice the concrete!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I had places at both and really it depends on what you're looking for in a course! There's definitely no need to do any performance here. American Studies and Creative Writing is split between the AMS and LDC departments, so you'd have quite a lot of freedom over what modules you pick :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending