Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    p.s. In your repsonse to the thread title... I think you should sue them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    hehe you were so lucky how high did you fall off?
    I think it was about 16ft, since the shelves are just over 4ft apart, and I was working on the 4th shelf. I was very lucky though, anywhere else in that warehouse it would have been a nice slab of concrete breaking my fall. It was quite good though, obviously I wasn't remotely hurt because of the bubble wrap, but what had happened was obviously quite dangerous. I think they were worried about legal action. So they were very nice to me, insisted on me sitting down for the rest of the time, provided drinks when I was working in there to stop me getting dehydrated, they got some health expert from the Arndale to check I hadn't damaged any nerves.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i hate spiders as well. Ever since last june, when my family rented a house in maine for a while, i had to sleep on the floor, and there were spiders every where... on my pillow, in the blankets ugh.... ever since i have hated spiders...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Worms. Worms lurk. They wiggle and contort and can grow back and are neither male nor female. They have no eyes. They wiggle and are a horrid colour and lurk under things and in things when you are innocently trying to plant flowers. I have a severe problem with earthworms, thank goodness they don't invade my house!
    Yes but realistically, if you start weeding your ground, you're asking for them =P My mother was merely taking a shower before it so rudely appeared. Also, worms are really slow, and blind, and so there's no worry of them disappearing. You can get a trowel, pick them up and toss them into the neighbour's yard. Try picking a spider up, it will probably eat your arm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I think it was about 16ft, since the shelves are just over 4ft apart, and I was working on the 4th shelf. I was very lucky though, anywhere else in that warehouse it would have been a nice slab of concrete breaking my fall. It was quite good though, obviously I wasn't remotely hurt because of the bubble wrap, but what had happened was obviously quite dangerous. I think they were worried about legal action. So they were very nice to me, insisted on me sitting down for the rest of the time, provided drinks when I was working in there to stop me getting dehydrated, they got some health expert from the Arndale to check I hadn't damaged any nerves.
    That was good. But I would dread to think what would have happened if you had landed on concrete from 16ft. It dosn't sound that high but when you think of it in real terms its enough to probably kill somebody.

I never realised you had to climb that high in warehouses I assumed it was all falk lift trucks now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    That was good. But I would dread to think what would have happened if you had landed on concrete from 16ft. It dosn't sound that high but when you think of it in real terms its enough to probably kill somebody.

I never realised you had to climb that high in warehouses I assumed it was all falk lift trucks now.
    I think at least I would have damaged my back long term, and worst, I would have landed on my head and died. Come to think of it, it was very irresponsible of them to ask a minor to climb so high on his own with absolutely no instruction on safety. There was a lot of pressure to try and carry dangerously large amounts of stock too, since they couldn't do work on the shop floor until I had I fetched the items requested.

ReputationRep:
    Night all. Thanks for keeping my mind off the you know what.

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely terrified of spiders. I don't know why, but their mere existance, their creepy stance, the way they disappear into nowhere really unnerves me. My mum's not too keen on them either. We just found one in the bathroom, it was just sitting there refusing to budge. We spent an hour staring at it, until we decided to hit it with a magazine. Then it fell on the floor and scuttled under the floorboards. Now there's a spider roaming the house somewhere, and I have no idea where. It's probably 8cm from my head when I sleep, but I won't know, until it crawls onto my face or something. If I look too hard trying to find out where it is I'll find it, and whilst I'll be glad to know where it is, I will suffer the trauma of seeing it out of the corner of my eye. Probably jumping back in shock, and probably losing it again.

I'm going to move to a country which doesn't have spiders so I don't have to worry about them. Iceland or something. To know that it's somewhere around complete consumes me thought processes.

BAH!
    Thats what big brothers are for, you scream, they squish!

ReputationRep:
    Try a 'friendly spider' programme. Most zoos have one. They claim to cure your fear of spiders.

When I first moved into this house I had a big problem with garden spiders. They kept building webs over outside doors and windows so you would open a door and if you were not careful walk into a web built accross the opening.

One spider built a webaccross my bedroom window (on the outside) but with the sun shining through in the morning the shadow on my curtains was of a 4" diameter spider :eek:

I've got used to them now, and they seem to know that if they build webs in certain places the webs will be destroyed so they now stick to the hawthorn.

ReputationRep:
    you think you've got a problem....feel sorry for those in iraq!

http://forums.ukairsoft.net/attachme...?postid=591462

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you know this but they crawl into your mouth at night and get eaten by you. Just pick them up by the legs, they don't bite...

ReputationRep:
    eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely terrified of spiders. I don't know why, but their mere existance, their creepy stance, the way they disappear into nowhere really unnerves me. My mum's not too keen on them either. We just found one in the bathroom, it was just sitting there refusing to budge. We spent an hour staring at it, until we decided to hit it with a magazine. Then it fell on the floor and scuttled under the floorboards. Now there's a spider roaming the house somewhere, and I have no idea where. It's probably 8cm from my head when I sleep, but I won't know, until it crawls onto my face or something. If I look too hard trying to find out where it is I'll find it, and whilst I'll be glad to know where it is, I will suffer the trauma of seeing it out of the corner of my eye. Probably jumping back in shock, and probably losing it again.

I'm going to move to a country which doesn't have spiders so I don't have to worry about them. Iceland or something. To know that it's somewhere around complete consumes me thought processes.

BAH!
    Those spiders are tiny though and they are more sacred of you than you are of it. Besides, you could have done the kind thing and caught it to let it outside. It's more humane than killing it.

You should see the spiders they get Down Under.

ReputationRep:
    *nods* Yep, once my dad had this giagantic ******* jump off the door at him, but thats another story..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    *nods* Yep, once my dad had this giagantic ******* jump off the door at him, but thats another story..
    If i remember my childhood correctly, when my cousin came over from aussie he told me that the largest spider in the world was thew size of a dinner plate.

ReputationRep:
    He would be absoloutly correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    He would be absoloutly correct.
    COOL, have you ever seen one personally.

If not, whats the largest spider you've seen.

ReputationRep:
    jeez, let me think. North QLD on a school camp years ago we stayed at the rainforest, the boys found one which was running around the toilet block which would have been 6 inches in diameter. Bird Eater it was. But it was a small one. Ive not been much for seeing giant spiders. Seen my fair few of snakes though. IN Darwin a croc attacked a fence to get to my brother. What else... My cat caught a snake and bought it into the house as a present for my mother... few weeks ago there was a snake on our front doorstep... honestly the list goes on.

ReputationRep:
    spiders are no problem for me... i jsut squish em.
    SSSNAKES on the other hand (argh, i even freak out at thr word) are my phobia. i dont even have to see one to be scared - i just have to imagine theres one under the table and i have to leave the room!!! i have thrown up in sheer terror when i mistook my belt lying on the floor for one!!! if ones on telly i have to leave the set switched off for half an hour, i wont watch programmes that have the word "jungle" in the title (or anything similar), someone has to read my magazines before i do (this months marie claire has 2 long slithery reptiles in for example) and cut them out. i've even asked someone to hide their snake-print handbag!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Apparently there are at least 5 different species of spider in any room at any time...
    Yeah your empathy for a the problem overwhelms me.... spiders scare the **** out of me and thts not the way to help some one !!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.