Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    where was it (if there's a new type of poisoness spider in britain i want to see it )? i like tarantulas, but i also like the smaller ones with the hair thin legs and the little round bodies (can't remember what they are called- how embarassing)
    It was while I was living in America, in New England. Must've been a decent sized spider, too, the holes were about 7mm apart!

ReputationRep:
    relax... they're only spiders

ReputationRep:
    where was it (if there's a new type of poisoness spider in britain i want to see it )? i like tarantulas, but i also like the smaller ones with the hair thin legs and the little round bodies (can't remember what they are called- how embarassing)
    Theyre Daddy Long Legs spiders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    Theyre Daddy Long Legs spiders
    nope, daddy long legs have thicker legs and a longer body. their mandibles are also more pronounced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suspicious_fish)
    It was while I was living in America, in New England. Must've been a decent sized spider, too, the holes were about 7mm apart!
    you sure it wasn't a vampire bat or something?

ReputationRep:
    nope, daddy long legs have thicker legs and a longer body. their mandibles are also more pronounced
    Something of a spider expert, are we?

ReputationRep:
    Something of a spider expert, are we?
    put it this way- the spiders in my room are individually named

ReputationRep:
    Be happy they aren't harmful, there are spiders in america that climb into your bed and bite you, and if you don't get to a hospital in a few ours you die! And they run really fast as well, like across a room in 2 seconds

ReputationRep:
    put it this way- the spiders in my room are individually named
    You're kidding me! That's fabulous.
    Spiders are mostly reviled in our household, but none of us will kill them.
    Then again, none of us will kill anything.

ReputationRep:
    You're kidding me! That's fabulous.
    Spiders are mostly reviled in our household, but none of us will kill them.
    Then again, none of us will kill anything.
    nope- in fact uncle fred is sitting in the corner above my comp at this very moment. I can't say others in my family like spiders quite as much, but they're generally either left alone or put outside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Be happy they aren't harmful, there are spiders in america that climb into your bed and bite you, and if you don't get to a hospital in a few ours you die! And they run really fast as well, like across a room in 2 seconds
    how big are they? maybe you should have an extra bed for the spiders, so you don't squash them in your sleep

ReputationRep:
    how big are they? maybe you should have an extra bed for the spiders, so you don't squash them in your sleep
    How sweet! You could make them a little cot with blankets....

ReputationRep:
    How sweet! You could make them a little cot with blankets....
    when I was younger I tried it- but after many experiments I have realised that spiders prefer to sleep on webs, so a warm container, perhaps with nooks and crannies added would probably be more desirable from a spider's point of view than a bed

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.