International Prospective Student Has Questions Watch

maryQmohar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond my control, I am looking to complete my BSc (Hons) Animal Studies top-up degree at the University of Chester as I am still unable to enroll at Glyndwr University even up to this point.

There are three most important things I would like to know:-
1) Are courses run by the University of Chester (and the university itself) accredited and recognised by the Malaysian Government?

2) Will the university accept me onto the course considering my critical situation?

3) Does the university recognise the APL programme (Accreditation of Prior Learning)?

I had already been declined because the top-up degree is meant for the students who have completed the foundation degree programme at University of Chester. I have been battling with them to see reason and make an exception as I thought that I may get extra help if I post here too. It is already mid September and I cannot afford to just sit and hoping to hear good news from Glyndwr as time is racing against me. This is not easy money and I don't want to start my lectures late as next week is the induction day for the top-up degree at Glyndwr University and I can imagine that induction for this course will be soon, too.

Any feedback is kindly appreciated in advance. Thank you.
University of Chester
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We'd recommend contacting our International Office directly, as it's quite a complicated situation. Contact details can be found at http://www.chester.ac.uk/international.
University of Chester
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello again, please see the following information from our International team

----------------------------

Please submit a completed application form and all supporting documentation, then the Admissions Team can make an informed assessment of your suitability. They require all the information before committing to an answer.

I have attached an application form. If you complete the application form and attach all the supporting documentation the Admissions Team and Head of Department can process your application accordingly. The following documents must be supplied with your application:
• Attached copies of all transcripts/certificates – evidence of qualifications obtained.
• Attached copies of any English language qualifications gained (e.g. IELTS).
• Enclosed a reference (signed by the referee and provided on letterhead paper).
• Attached Personal Statement (very important: minimum 500 words addressing your career ambitions, why the University of Chester, why the particular course choice, how the course will benefit you, etc.).
• Attached evidence of any work experience stated on application form (if applicable).
• Attached copies of your passport and ALL current and previous UK Visas (if applicable).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Chester
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Chester
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (301)
15.12%
The paper was reasonable (1102)
55.35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (432)
21.7%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
7.84%

Watched Threads