Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey peeps,
    Well I've done it. I've finally made my 1000th post. I've done it at the rate of 3.21 posts per day, so I definitely haven't set any speed records. There are dozens and dozens of people with far more posts than me... but not a huge number who have been around longer than me. I signed up on the 19th of June 2003.

The site has changed hugely since I became a member. I've gone through periods of silent protest when I've spent long periods away from the board, largely due to becoming disillusioned with it. I used to like the close-knitness of the board in days gone by, when there were fewer active members and I felt I knew most people to some extent. Whilst I don't dislike newbies, hell I was one once, I missed the old UKL at times. However, something always brings me back. I think this site has an absolutely brilliant foundation, and is one of the few sites on the internet with a genuine sense of community. I've not met anyone from the site, but there are a few people I feel I would get on well with in the real world.

Cheers D, you are a genius.

Ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Hey peeps,
    Well I've done it. I've finally made my 1000th post. I've done it at the rate of 3.21 posts per day, so I definitely haven't set any speed records. There are dozens and dozens of people with far more posts than me... but not a huge number who have been around longer than me. I signed up on the 19th of June 2003.

The site has changed hugely since I became a member. I've gone through periods of silent protest when I've spent long periods away from the board, largely due to becoming disillusioned with it. I used to like the close-knitness of the board in days gone by, when there were fewer active members and I felt I knew most people to some extent. Whilst I don't dislike newbies, hell I was one once, I missed the old UKL at times. However, something always brings me back. I think this site has an absolutely brilliant foundation, and is one of the few sites on the internet with a genuine sense of community. I've not met anyone from the site, but there are a few people I feel I would get on well with in the real world.

Cheers D, you are a genius.

Ed
    congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....)
    no 1 cares
    And THAT'S what Tednol has been disillusioned with, I assume.

ReputationRep:
    Tednol for England! Many congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....)
    no 1 cares
    thank you for your stimul8ing comment now pls grow up

ReputationRep:
    im speaking for everyone. no one cares about ure whatever number of posts. acheive something worthwile in life then brag about it,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....)
    im speaking for everyone. no one cares about ure whatever number of posts. acheive something worthwile in life then brag about it,
    Thank you for being on hand to illustrate perfectly everything I hate about UKL.

And use the shift key...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....)
    go away. If you haven't noticed, Tednol is a very well liked member, and we do care, so you go acheive something in life, then come back and tell us. I am sure we will care :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....)
    erroneously speaking for everyone. Although I agree postcount shouldn't be important, one's attitude can easily be determined even after 9 posts. Do you think you're being big and clever? Are you so impotent in real life that you have to take it out on an internet forum? Please...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....)
    get a life. oh i forgot this forum is your life.
    If you don't like it, make like a bee and buzz off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....)
    get a life. oh i forgot this forum is your life.
    yeh, like juwel said, make like a tree and leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    yeh, like juwel said, make like a tree and leave
    Make like a banana and split....

ReputationRep:
    how about just f off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    how about just f off?
    Nah it's more fun this way!

Make like the drummer and beat it

ReputationRep:
    When my account is unbanned will I have 0 posts?

ReputationRep:
    make like a tree and branch off in another direction

ReputationRep:
    PadFoot90, blissy, ZJewelH and Baron - as if I needed reminding it's nice to know reason and common sense still shines through in here!

ReputationRep:
    PadFoot90, blissy, ZJewelH and Baron - as if I needed reminding it's nice to know reason and common sense still shines through in here!
    no prob. It's sad to think that people come on here just to make fun of others, then tell us we need lives? A little ironic, me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're taking the mick, thanks :cool:

Now make like a rabbit and hop it

ReputationRep:
    cheers ted

make like an airplane and take off

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.