The Student Room Group

I feel lost/ Where to go with my life?

I'm 24, have a 2:1 degree in Drama, I enjoy writing with a passion and just started a job at McDonalds and have just moved in with my fiancé but I have no idea what I actually want to DO with my life.

I have Asperger's and spent most of my life coming to terms accepting it and proving people wrong but now that I've graduated, I don't actually know what to do with my life careerwise, I took the job at McDonalds because it's money that will pay bills and they were the only ones that I applied too that answered me. I got my 1st retraining slip yesterday for being 1.65 up on my till and it's brought me down, you need 12 to be fired and I don't want to be fired :frown: I'm nervous about making mistakes on the till.

What can I do to find a path for me to follow in life, something that I can aim for career wise and be happy? I feel so lost and my family/fiancé has noticed a depression set on me :frown:

Any help world? Questions for me etc
You're lucky. Would love to work at McDonalds, seems so easy and you could be a manager easily too.

Then I'd do some other job like a doorman or something.

Sometimes I think phuck Uni.
Why don't you try going back to university and do a masters in creative writing or similar? If not, try doing a distant learning course instead. Contact local papers and see if they have any jobs going and start regularly writing to build up a portfolio and then see what you can do with that. The BBC writing room has a lot of details on writing for screen and radio if that interested you. Google it and take a look!

Good luck!
Rebecca :smile:
hey sorry to hear that. you could maybe try and get a role at a local theatre? or if you r interested in becoming a teacher you could maybe get some training and work in a local school? I agree with what the person above said, if nothing works out then why dont you do a masters in another discipline? Hope you find a solution =].

Quick Reply

Latest