The Student Room Group

Are my university choices realistic?

Basically i am a gap year student and i have acheived A*-Biology, A-Maths (90 in c3, but 73 in c4) , A-Economics, A-Chemistry in my A-levels.
I am looking to apply to do economics at :
Oxford- (Eco and management)
Warwick-Economics
Bristol-Economics
Durham-Economics
Kings college-(eco and management)

Are these realistic choices??
I have captained my school football team at various levels, won economics prize at my school, read a few books about economics.

Are these university choices realistic?? Any other units that you could suggest which would be better choices?
I really enjoy economics and really want to do it at uni, any help advice would be appreciated
Also is my maths good enough?
I have the same problem!:s-smilie:

I don't know what A-levels mean, A*AA?

I'm coming from an american school. My cumulative GPA is 3.51, I took the sat once, my score was 1420. never took the ACT, took to AP course got 3 in the first one and a 2 in the second one. I'm taking 2 APs this year. Will take the sat in november.

I want to study economics

I want to apply to:
-cambridge king's college
-london school of economics
-university of bristol
-university of manchester
-university of york

what are my probabilities of getting into one of these universities? :confused::confused::confused:

please help me! :frown::smile:
Original post by Umez123
Basically i am a gap year student and i have acheived A*-Biology, A-Maths (90 in c3, but 73 in c4) , A-Economics, A-Chemistry in my A-levels.
I am looking to apply to do economics at :
Oxford- (Eco and management)
Warwick-Economics
Bristol-Economics
Durham-Economics
Kings college-(eco and management)

Are these realistic choices??
I have captained my school football team at various levels, won economics prize at my school, read a few books about economics.

Are these university choices realistic?? Any other units that you could suggest which would be better choices?
I really enjoy economics and really want to do it at uni, any help advice would be appreciated
Also is my maths good enough?

Stop making so many threads! You're at a huge, huge disadvantage not having A* maths, and although you can resit, it doesn't look good, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were rejected pre-interview at Oxford and also at Warwick. Whilst Warwick only say you need an A in maths, many students going there this year I know have A* FM, and their course is also very mathematical. So I would say the first 2 choices are optimistic, but your others are fine, so it's a reasonable risk I would take too.

Extra curriculars don't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending