The Student Room Group

Feeling a bit low

Lately, I've been feeling really low :frown: I didn't get into university this year and watching everyone post pictures of them going to university and freshers is really getting me down because I worked so hard on trying to get into university! I got reasonable work experience and volunteering etc. I had good enough grades to get in but I never got anywhere and its really depressing.

Ontop of this, life at home isn't exactly the best. My parents hate who I'm going out with because of where he comes from. This has been going on for about a year now and as a result my parents have taken every opportunity to scream at me, call me names and lie to me. I really feel like they hate me and every time I come home I feel like I am under attack. I've been called a slut, a disappointment, a waste of space etc. Its really stressing me out because I really like my boyfriend he treats me so well, takes me out for meals and treats me as much as he can but they really do make me feel like I should break up with him just because it would make my home life better but on the other hand I really don't want to break up with him. I am going to be reapplying for university this year and have done more to improve my application but my father keeps reminding me that I'll never get into university and that I've really blown my chance of getting in :frown: My family keep making really horrible and stupid assumptions about me, like I tried to fail to get into university and accusing me of this that and the other. Additionally, recently I managed to secure a job however, the paper work is taking forever to go through, so I'm not doing anything all day and I'm really worrying about that and my mother thinks I'm lying about managing to get a job and seems to think I am lying about everything (I've phoned up on several occasions and they have said that I need to be patient and that the paper work will be done in due course etc.) I mean don't get me wrong my parents are perfectly supportive, they do as much as they can for me but at the moment, since I have gotten into this relationship I feel like I am fighting a battle constantly with them and that they really hate my guts. Its really getting me down. Please any advice? I have tried talking to them about it but they always just turn it to my boyfriend and start screaming at me again :frown: I really don't know what to do.
Sorry for the long post
Reply 1
I think is case of waiting for the storm to blow over. Wait till you get the job and the ball starts rolling. Make sure your parents do know that you are doing your best and they aren't just assuming things.

Good luck. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest