Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    imo if they want to stop snogging on street corners, they shouldn't have films or tv programs where people kiss, since it sends out the wrong 'signal'. how can you possibly ban people from kissing?

this is completely the wrong way to deal with underage sex, paedophilia etc.
    how do we deal with it? possibly we could envolve badgers somehow.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    then you have to wait..... for a long long time.
    itll just create a generation of even more horny teenagers. there will be no time for school, there will only be jerking off..
    Yer but kissing doesn't do anything. It's just a less exiting way of expressing your love for someone you truely care about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Yer but kissing doesn't do anything. It's just a less exiting way of expressing your love for someone you truely care about.
    when me and my bf were at school, we used to get told off for snogging by the dinner ladies and teachers....a peck would be ok though!
    i suppose it just isn't a polite thing to do in public...like full on snogging i mean, it may be nice if you are doing it but its not that nice seeing other people doing it....
    but what about a little romantic gesture of holding hands, putting your arms round each other or a little kiss????

You aren't allowed to snog in the swimming pool...i think they've stolen the rules from there!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    when me and my bf were at school, we used to get told off for snogging by the dinner ladies and teachers....a peck would be ok though!
    i suppose it just isn't a polite thing to do in public...like full on snogging i mean, it may be nice if you are doing it but its not that nice seeing other people doing it....
    but what about a little romantic gesture of holding hands, putting your arms round each other or a little kiss????

You aren't allowed to snog in the swimming pool...i think they've stolen the rules from there!!!
    It's ok in some ways, but in others you just tell them to "Get a Room".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It's ok in some ways, but in others you just tell them to "Get a Room".
    someone told me and my gf to do that the other day. it is most annoying.

ReputationRep:
    actually i think the govt are sort of following the example of Malaysia/Singapore... i was there last August, and there was a case where a couple were snogging in a local park, and some policeman dug up some ancient rule, and fined them for it! it did cause an outrage in the local press tho...

but snogging (even close physical contact like lying on top of each other in a park) is frowned upon there i believe, due to the large muslim community.

ReputationRep:
    someone told me and my gf to do that the other day. it is most annoying.
    Dont worry bout it, most of the time when someone sais that they are mostly jealous. Everytime someone sais it to me i just continue with whats am doing, lol do what you want when you want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    actually i think the govt are sort of following the example of Malaysia/Singapore... i was there last August, and there was a case where a couple were snogging in a local park, and some policeman dug up some ancient rule, and fined them for it! it did cause an outrage in the local press tho...

but snogging (even close physical contact like lying on top of each other in a park) is frowned upon there i believe, due to the large muslim community.
    No offence to them, but what have muslims got to do with snogging (i can't believe that i'm saying that word).

ReputationRep:
    there is this new law thingy.... its like, you know how you cant have sex under the age of 16? well, now its illegal to even kiss under the age of 16. they said that any physical contact is illegal, and it will be up to the crown court to decide weather or not to prosecute anyone. its even illegal for two 15-year olds to kiss....
    how the hell did a law like this get through!¬!!???!!:?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Which would mean that a parent couldn't kiss their child!!!
    It simply wouldn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's going a bit OTT about a tiny clause in an ammendment to a bill..

Snogging isn't banned. Judges and the police just have to use their judgement as to what is appropriate and innappropriate.

Theoretically, that could include two 15 year olds snogging, or maybe even going a bit further, but they're not going to stop that. Unless it was a bit get-a-room-ish and in public, I guess..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Which would mean that a parent couldn't kiss their child!!!
    It simply wouldn't work.
    I thought that at first, but i think it means sexualy kisses (i.e. tongue kisses which doesn't happen between familys).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I thought that at first, but i think it means sexualy kisses (i.e. tongue kisses which doesn't happen between familys).
    But its hard really to draw an exact line then?
    What, exactly, is sexualy kissing?

ReputationRep:
    But its hard really to draw an exact line then?
    What, exactly, is sexualy kissing?
    Read my quote again. It's in the brackets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Read my quote again. It's in the brackets.
    I saw that, but i don't see how such a broad description can be enforced against.

ReputationRep:
    I saw that, but i don't see how such a broad description can be enforced against.

But kissing could only theoretically be going against the law. Mainly because most laws are badly worded..

Enforcement of all laws is based on interpretation, and no-one is going to stop two lovesick 15 year olds have a quick snog in the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    But kissing could only theoretically be going against the law. Mainly because most laws are badly worded..

Enforcement of all laws is based on interpretation, and no-one is going to stop two lovesick 15 year olds have a quick snog in the park.
    Yeah, i know, but i think the point of laws, is that they are absolutes, and if they are open to interpretation, they should be changed to avoid it.

ReputationRep:

And who said it had to be a quick snog.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i know, but i think the point of laws, is that they are absolutes, and if they are open to interpretation, they should be changed to avoid it.
    That would require a complete overhaul of the statute books...

(Original post by Dude)
    And who said it had to be a quick snog.
    Fine, a full on, disgustingly public snog.

But anyone of any age would get done if it was too graphic (wrong word, I know, but you get the picture)

ReputationRep:
    That would require a complete overhaul of the statute books...
    So?
    If thats what needs to be done to make law's that work properly, thats what should be done.

ReputationRep:
    So?
    If thats what needs to be done to make law's that work properly, thats what should be done.
    There will always be people who think they are special cases, and people who genuinely are. Times change, society changes; there will be factors that the legislature wouldn't have even considered possible when the bills were passed.

Re: the sex law thingy: I just think people are making a whole load of fuss about one interpretation of a law that will never see the light of day in court.

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.