The Student Room Logo
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
This thread is closed

Durham Applicants 2007 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Still nothing :frown: . I don't no how long I can consider no news good news.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Reply 621
spunkym0nkey
Still nothing :frown: . I don't no how long I can consider no news good news.

It's Durham; don't start worrying until April.
Ronove
It's Durham; don't start worrying until April.

?APRIL? NOOO. I don't wanna hve to wait that long. :frown:
does it seriously take them that long?

or are they waiting for people to accept other Unis as firms etc?
Reply 624
spunkym0nkey
?APRIL? NOOO. I don't wanna hve to wait that long. :frown:

I think she meant that if you don't have an offer by April then you can worry lol!

You should (but not certain) receive an offer by the end of February, because open days for applicants who have been given offers are in the 2nd half of March :smile:
Reply 625
However, remember that the deadline for offers IS April, so there is a distinct possibility that you could get your offer then. The deadline for applications hasn't even gone yet I don't think!
But there's still loads of time until April.
Reply 626
Dnt be silly! The UCAS application deadline is on the 15th of January. You should hear from them soon.
Reply 627
The application deadline is the 15th, not the response deadline hombre.
Reply 628
You both have a point; Durham is under no obligation to reply soon after the 15th January, since they have until the end of March according to UCAS. However, according to their 'well done for applying to Durham' letters, they are aiming to reply to us after that deadline, hopefully sooner rather than later. So... yeah.
Reply 629
katrin_tara
You both have a point; Durham is under no obligation to reply soon after the 15th January, since they have until the end of March according to UCAS. However, according to their 'well done for applying to Durham' letters, they are aiming to reply to us after that deadline, hopefully sooner rather than later. So... yeah.

Realistically speaking we're most likely to hear about March time on average.
Reply 630
katrin_tara
German & Russian - Durham's my 2nd choice, but it's the only university that hasn't replied

Just to let you know, that I got a letter too. Apparently Languages at Durham is oversubscribed this year (whic makes me a tad nervous...)

"for our most oversubscribed programmes, therefore, our Admissions Tutors can only make some of their decisions after we have recieved and considered all the applications bla ba bla ucas deadline"

"we hope, at this stage (god can they make it any later??), to be able to let you know the outcome of your application by the end of March. Please be assured that e are giving your applicatoin the individual attention it deserves."

Just letting you know, as talk of letters seems to be filling the chat room!

I know we have til april, right, just being my fave i would either like to be rejected or accepted, instead of the tension!!! (preferably accepted, thou)

xxxxxxx
Reply 631
[Quote]Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 632
^ Ooh, well done!
Mizmoz
Just to let you know, that I got a letter too. Apparently Languages at Durham is oversubscribed this year (whic makes me a tad nervous...)

Dang :frown:
But I suppose there's only one way to find out.... wait and see! *whoo*
Reply 633
Mizmoz

"for our most oversubscribed programmes, therefore, our Admissions Tutors can only make some of their decisions after we have recieved and considered all the applications bla ba bla ucas deadline"

"we hope, at this stage (god can they make it any later??), to be able to let you know the outcome of your application by the end of March. Please be assured that e are giving your applicatoin the individual attention it deserves."

Just letting you know, as talk of letters seems to be filling the chat room!

I know we have til april, right, just being my fave i would either like to be rejected or accepted, instead of the tension!!! (preferably accepted, thou)

xxxxxxx

FRICK! Languages are supposed tobe undersubscribed:mad:
ukebert
Yay! :biggrin:

Are congrats:biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile:
Reply 635
paddy
FRICK! Languages are supposed tobe undersubscribed:mad:

I know right!

Thats what i though. To be honest i really dont think i stand a chance at getting in now! I only thought that applying for 3 languages, all which i will have an a-level in, would help me at least. However there are bound to be way more talented people than me so i am doomed.

But dont worry thats just me! Im sure you will be great great great!
Reply 636
Don't say you're doomed! I thought I was an average History applicant, and History would be way oversubscribed, and that I'd never have a chance, but I got an offer :smile: Remember, no news is good news! :smile:
tbh im suprised you got an offer as well NickiM..

9A* and not 10?
1B at AS instead of 0?

what were they thinking :biggrin:
I got rejected for Theoretical Physics yesterday, my only rejection. Guess I just don't have what Durham are looking for or something :s-smilie: Ah well
Reply 639
I really wouldn't take the Modern Languages letter so seriously - I got it today as well... the oversubscribed thing will just be an excuse for taking so long I expect. Even if there was one more applicant than places they could say it was oversubscribed, and I don't think it even says in the letter that Modern Languages is one of the courses that are oversubscribed. I remember looking at a table and something like 50% of applicants got an offer for our course. Don't freak out!

Latest