SamiC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I have just firmly accepted my offer for the Masters in Business Analytics, I was wondering if anyone else on TheStudentRoom is on the course too?
SamiC
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I ended up deferring to this coming year. Is anyone applying, has applied or accepted a place onto the course?
uzair60
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i have recieved an offer for the course but haven't decided yet
uzair60
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have got an offer for the course haven't finalized though
Buzzer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Accepted my offer to start in September 2015.

Do you know how many people are on the course?
SamiC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Buzzer)

Not sure pal. What Undergrad did you do?
Buzzer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SamiC)
Not sure pal. What Undergrad did you do?
Electronic Engineering, you?
SamiC
Rep:
?
Electronic Engineering, you?
Management BSc at Royal Holloway University of London. Have you managed to get any more information than whats on the website?
Buzzer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, but then again I haven't had much of an opportunity to look. Do you know anything useful?
SamiC
Rep:
?
No, but then again I haven't had much of an opportunity to look. Do you know anything useful?
No I haven't managed to find anything, this current year was the first year it ran. I guess at the end of the educational year they may have more information up.

What are you doing accommodation wise?
Buzzer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SamiC)
No I haven't managed to find anything, this current year was the first year it ran. I guess at the end of the educational year they may have more information up.

What are you doing accommodation wise?
I'm from Guildford, so i was going to live at home and drive in. What are you planning on doing?

Ah that's cool, I didn't realize that. Do you know anything about the number of lectures per week?
SamiC
Rep:
?
I'm from Guildford, so i was going to live at home and drive in. What are you planning on doing?

Ah that's cool, I didn't realize that. Do you know anything about the number of lectures per week?
I live in Cobham, so I am pretty much planning on doing the same as yourself. I don't know anything about the number of lectures but I would guess it is full-time. 20-30 hours a week?
AndyPandy92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've also confirmed an offer to do the course, I haven't decided whether I want to apply for university accommodation or if I want to live private, I've heard that Guildford is pretty expensive city to live in.
SamiC
Rep:
?
(Original post by AndyPandy92)
I've also confirmed an offer to do the course, I haven't decided whether I want to apply for university accommodation or if I want to live private, I've heard that Guildford is pretty expensive city to live in.
The area is not cheap. Where are you living at the moment?
AndyPandy92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm on my year off travelling after finishing my undergraduate degree at Sussex uni in 2014. The house prices in Brighton were pretty steep so I've dealt with pretty expensive student housing, how bad is it?
gskah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I received an offer for this course's Sept'17 intake. Could you share your overall review about this course, mainly your views on the course curriculum and your space in the industry after completing this course. Also, it would be great to know the class size and your experience at the uni. I am currently living in south west London. Surrey is about 40 Min from here, would you recommend a train travel to the uni or should I think about campus accom.

Your response would be really helpful!
Thanks in advance
University of Surrey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gskah)
I received an offer for this course's Sept'17 intake. Could you share your overall review about this course, mainly your views on the course curriculum and your space in the industry after completing this course. Also, it would be great to know the class size and your experience at the uni. I am currently living in south west London. Surrey is about 40 Min from here, would you recommend a train travel to the uni or should I think about campus accom.

Your response would be really helpful!
Thanks in advance

Hey there

As this thread is quite old, it might be worth posting your question in our 2017 Applicants thread here or our official Q&A thread here.

If you like, the Admissions team can put you in touch with an academic from the course who would be able to answer questions on the curriculum, class sizes etc You can email them on [email protected] or call +44(0)1483682222. Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
gskah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by University of Surrey)
Hey there

As this thread is quite old, it might be worth posting your question in our 2017 Applicants thread here or our official Q&A thread here.

If you like, the Admissions team can put you in touch with an academic from the course who would be able to answer questions on the curriculum, class sizes etc You can email them on [email protected] or call +44(0)1483682222. Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Hey Ashley,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response

Will do so! Thanks again..
SamiC
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

If you would like to know more about the course feel free to PM me, I was in the same class as the member you replied to. Happy to answer any questions you do have, and probably able to answer them in an unbiased manner. Not meaning that an academic would mean to do so, but they will have an inherent bias towards there course.

Sam
Annike
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SamiC)
Hi,

If you would like to know more about the course feel free to PM me, I was in the same class as the member you replied to. Happy to answer any questions you do have, and probably able to answer them in an unbiased manner. Not meaning that an academic would mean to do so, but they will have an inherent bias towards there course.

Sam
Hi Sami,

I will be starting the MSc in Business Analytics this September and I would appreciate discussing your unbiased student experience at Surrey. Am I free to PM you too?

Best,
A
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (12)
22.22%
No (42)
77.78%

Watched Threads