The Student Room Group

Student finance is so unreliable

I made a student finance application back in February, but I ended up going to a university through clearing so I changed my application to the new uni and course. The application then said pending, so I left it thinking that it would be processed.

Yesterday though I got a letter saying that I need to fill out a PN1 form (which I think is a fresh application) and when I checked online my application is completely gone. I rang up loads of times and they keep telling my conflicting information. If I have to create a new application that could take weeks and im already moved into my accommodation and enrollment is next week.

So far I have had the worst experience with these people. My biggest worry is that I won't be able to pay tuition fees in time and they wont let me enroll.

Can anyone offer advice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Let your university know what's going on with SFE. You will NOT be the first undergrad that they've had for whom student finance has made a complete and utter hash of your application.
Reply 2
Original post by Lism
I made a student finance application back in February, but I ended up going to a university through clearing so I changed my application to the new uni and course. The application then said pending, so I left it thinking that it would be processed.

Yesterday though I got a letter saying that I need to fill out a PN1 form (which I think is a fresh application) and when I checked online my application is completely gone. I rang up loads of times and they keep telling my conflicting information. If I have to create a new application that could take weeks and im already moved into my accommodation and enrollment is next week.

So far I have had the worst experience with these people. My biggest worry is that I won't be able to pay tuition fees in time and they wont let me enroll.

Can anyone offer advice?

The same thing happened to me, I was told that this was due to some kind of internal maintenance. I am literally panicking though!
Hi Lism,

Unfortunately we can’t access your account to look into what’s happened here. The best advice would be to phone again to find out what happened to your application.

In the mean time fill in the PN1 as soon as possible just in case you do need to start a new application. Speak to your uni and let them know the situation too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending