The Student Room Group

Student Finance England - Made a mistake, aren't doing anything about it.

:mad:

Very frustrated!

In my final year of masters (integrated Engineering - so covered by SFE)
And applied as you normally do.
They asked for details of my parents separation - so I sent in the decree absolute, as I had done the year before.

Expected everything to be fine - 3 weeks later, no response.

I checked my Student Finance account. And it's asking me to send in my Childcare Grant Form. Which makes no sense as I don't have children.

I called them TWICE and they've said it's an error in the system and the declaration letter was sent out to me manually 6/7 days ago.
I checked correspondence but I cannot access any declaration forms as previously.
The second time, the individual said he was going to put me on hold and he would have it fixed.

Checked again; and no solution.
Hello, it sounds like an error was made during the initail application I would advise you to call us again to get this fixed so we can progress your funding number is 0300 100 0607.
Reply 2
Hi.

There was no mistake by me. I've called up for the third time and they've told me the declaration was sent out to me again.

The woman kept insisting I download the forms manually and I kept telling her pages 7 - 10 were not viewable. Once I told her to check herself she agreed and just told me to wait for the forms.

It's been more than a month.

Quick Reply