The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 1
im not gonna take toaster/iron etc, but i am going to take my own pans and a george foreman.

I wasn't going to, but then thought i'd get fed up of always asking people if i can borrow their stuff. I cant be arsed to list everything i'm taking cos that'd be ridiculous, but its general stuff like bedding, pillows, cutlery, etc

Just the usual.

Try reading the "getting stuff for uni" thread or the TSR wiki
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
gez1809

Try reading the "getting stuff for uni" thread or the TSR wiki

Which can be found here--> http://thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University

I havent really got anything yet, just toiletries. I'm waiting till I get there and see what I need
Well im taking my own iron coz theres nothing worse than burning ur clothes with an old crummy 1.

Dnt fink ur allowed 2 take george foremans coz they mite blow up:eek: ...well thats wat it says in the regulations!!! but im taking a sandwich toaster with me.
Reply 4
na take a george foreman and a toastie maker :biggrin:
Reply 5
whats a george foremans? yeh im gona go and talk to my flat mates then we can all chip in and get one together maybe, i just went shopping and bought crates etc food, are u allowed kettles in ur room? cos i may buy one, or a mine fridge?
Hey everyone :smile:

'are u allowed kettles in ur room? cos i may buy one, or a mine fridge?'

I was wondering that too... saves me having to stumble into the kitchen first thing in the morning looking rough as a badgers arse to make a cup of tea.

I haven't bothered with buying a kettle, toaster or iron either. I thought they might be supplied because other wise the kitchens going to be full of them. If not, i'll just buy some when i'm down there.
Reply 7
ditto same idea, i hope theres an instore there! its so cheap! :biggrin:
Reply 8
nah i dont think youre allowed any cooking appliances or anything in your room. A mini fridge i'm not sure of. If you look in the rules and regs attachment we had it says about cooking appliances in there.
Reply 9
Straight from the horse's mouth (or err, the uni):

Due to the increased risk of fire and the possibility of explosion it is not permitted to use or store any of the following equipment in University accommodation:-
Butane or bottled gas appliances
Deep fat fryers or chip pans
Electrical grills (e.g. George Forman's etc)
In using the equipment in kitchens all safety regulations must be followed. You may use your own equipment in the kitchens but DEEP FRYING IS FORBIDDEN in all accommodation. Lack of care in food preparation can set off the fire alarms and, if negligence is proved, WILL result in a fine. To minimise the risk of this occurrence each person using the kitchen area MUST ensure that the kitchen is ventilated and the door is closed when hot food is being prepared. Misuse or abuse of kitchen facilities in any accommodation may result in disciplinary action. Under no circumstances is the preparation of any food in study bedrooms permissible.
Reply 10
*******s to it, im taking a george foreman anyway.
Reply 11
gez1809

Yeah, live life on the edge!
Reply 12
Does anyone know if our rooms have mirrors in them?! Or should we take one with us?
Reply 13
na there's a mirror and shaving socket and light, I did anyway, but I had a sink in my room last year.

You'll get a wardrobe, bed, desk, desk lamp, ntl phone, chest of draws and a bedside table and 2 shelves and a notice board.

oh.. and a bible :smile:

And that's your lot.
Reply 14
gez1809

ooohhh who are you kidding, you're gunna be living off takeaways in a week :wink:

and Navajo just wanna say thanks for all the info + pics and stuff you're really helping me out :biggrin:

na there's a mirror and shaving socket and light, I did anyway, but I had a sink in my room last year.

You'll get a wardrobe, bed, desk, desk lamp, ntl phone, chest of draws and a bedside table and 2 shelves and a notice board.

Did you get all that in the student village I'm in a woodside flat is it likely my room will be supplied with those items?
Reply 16
Where did you get the regulations?!
Reply 17
the regulations were sent as an attachment in the same email as your offer of accomodation
Reply 18
chatterbox4eva
Did you get all that in the student village I'm in a woodside flat is it likely my room will be supplied with those items?

My mate was in Woodland, and he didn't get a sink, but he had everything else.
Reply 19
Jacksonxvi
and Navajo just wanna say thanks for all the info + pics and stuff you're really helping me out :biggrin:

Seriously, if there's anything you want to know just ask or add me to MSN and ask.

Latest