The Student Room Group

Social Work MA 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi has any one heard from LJMU? the wait is killing me been soo long :frown:
Reply 181
Ive got my interview Thursday at salford and I feel sick already :frown: if anyone on here has any tips on what they ask etc I would be so greatful if you could message me xxx thank you and good luck everyone cxx
Original post by Sigoe
Ive got my interview Thursday at salford and I feel sick already :frown: if anyone on here has any tips on what they ask etc I would be so greatful if you could message me xxx thank you and good luck everyone cxx

Basic questions
Tell us a bit about yourself?
Why do you want to apply for this course?
Why do you want to be a Social Worker?
What experience have you got that will help you on this course?

Medium-level questions
Tell us about a time when you have contributed to a team?
What skills do you have to make you an effective social worker?
What is your greatest weakness?
Tell us about a piece of work that you are proud of?
What skills do you need to have to make a good social worker?
What books have you read to prepare you for this course?
Tell us about this University and this course?
What recent news stories are relevant to Social Work?
What are the biggest challenges for Social Workers?
What challenges do you think you’ll face as a Social Work student?

Higher-level questions
Dealing with stress: How do you deal with stress and what mechanism do you have to cope when under pressure? Tell us about a time when you were stressed? How did you deal with this?
What is the relevance of a good assessment?
What is the importance of working together?
Can you give a working example of the anti-oppressive framework?
What theories would you take into this role? What research have you used to inform your practice?
Can you tell us about some recent legislation that impacts on the Social Work role?

Original post by Sigoe

Hopefully those questions are a good starter but drop me a message if you'd like any further advice :smile:
Had my interview at uni of sheffield on Monday and found out yesterday I'd been offered a conditional place! I'm so happy.
The written test was just "think of a time when you've helped someone, what did you do well and what could you have done better"
The actual interview was ok, they had a list of six questions,
What do you think the role of a social worker is?
What skills do you need to be one and what skills can you bring to the role?
How do you deal with stress?
I can't think of the other three at the minute.
Hi All,

I wondered if anybody who attended an interview at the University of East London (UEL) on 25th February 2015 had heard back yet?

Thanks
Reply 186
Hi everyone,

I have an interview at the end of the month at Leeds Beckett. I also applied to York and haven't heard back yet. I'm also relying on the bursary, otherwise I'll be trying again next year.

I'm so unbelievably nervous about the interview.
Original post by NJLeh1
Has anyone heard back from ljmu?

Hey have you heard anything back from LJMU? I am getting a bit worried lol
Reply 188
Anyone heard back from salford uni ive not!! Im just praying that no news is good news :frown:
I heard back today, got in :smile: but my interview was a week before yours I believe, sorry I never responded to your message I was away on a needed holiday! So that was 2 weeks after my interview so I would allow for 2 weeks!
Reply 190
Congrats im really nervous it's been a week now so im just Hoping it's good news!!! Im not sure how my interview went I just hope my experience will help with the decision xx
Hello blessing, I have an interview at Sussex next week. Have you had yours yet?
Original post by Sophie_14
Hey

I've recently had interviews at Warwick and Birmingham.. Still waiting to hear from both - has anyone else applied or had interviews at either of these?

I also have interviews at Manchester, York and Worcester coming up.

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

I have an interview with Warwick next week. Could you please give me a heads up? Like how was the interview? Did you think it was very hard? Etc, etc. I would really be grateful. I have already failed one coz I really was not ready but I donot wanna fail another. Thx
Original post by Sophie_14
Hey,

I've just found out I have offers for both Warwick and Birmingham! :-) So I'm going to cancel the other interviews as those were my two preferred anyway... Not sure which to choose now though!

Congrats on your place at B'ham :-)

Congratulations Sophie, you lucky girl getting offer to hot great universities. I have my interview at Warwick next week. I really hope I get in.
Original post by HiggsyDavies
Hey Sophie !
I have a interview for Warwick in March 11th ...HELP ME SOPHIE ! this is the only uni I applied due to location and I have children - I am on a gap year and graduated last November 14.

What was the exam? - I am dyslexic and really struggling on prep for interview.

Whats the group work and what sort of questions was in the interview ?

Regards

Hey

How was ya interview at Warwick? Mine is next week and I am really really nervous. I can't fail this one. It will break my heart. Any tips on how the interview was?
Hi guys,

I am in such a panic. Looks like almost everyone has had an offer or waiting. I have 3 interviews in in the next few days Brunel, Sussex, and Warwick. Any tips? Please help a sister. Thx
Reply 196
Original post by maggie93
Hey have you heard anything back from LJMU? I am getting a bit worried lol

Hi I emailed them and apparently they still have interviews in April and are likely to hear nearer the ucas deadline in May
Original post by dez2015
Congratulations Sophie, you lucky girl getting offer to hot great universities. I have my interview at Warwick next week. I really hope I get in.

Hey, thanks :-) I've now decided to accept Warwick.

The interview was completely fine, try not to worry about it. They split the group in half for group exercise & written test, so just depends which you do first.. Both were fine and didn't last very long, can't really prepare a great deal for either..

The interview was fine as well, only about 4 questions and interviewed by 2 people..

Hope it goes well, good luck :-)
Reply 198
Original post by Gin4495
Hi everyone,

I have an interview at the end of the month at Leeds Beckett. I also applied to York and haven't heard back yet. I'm also relying on the bursary, otherwise I'll be trying again next year.

I'm so unbelievably nervous about the interview.

Hi

Are you at Leeds Beckett on the 25th? Im there that morning and am just starting to prep!!

Very nervous too and relying on the bursery too!
I haven't had mine, I was told to send my qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending