The Student Room Group

Economics with no FM

I want to do a Economics degree at Cambridge. These are my Alevels Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. I recently found out that Further Maths would be useful on the requirements its says it is not essential. So i was wondering what my chances are really when applying without further maths.

Also I wanted to know if i could do AS FM at A2 and put it on my reference or personal statement that i would be taking it at A2 would this be good?
Original post by Acrux
I want to do a Economics degree at Cambridge. These are my Alevels Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. I recently found out that Further Maths would be useful on the requirements its says it is not essential. So i was wondering what my chances are really when applying without further maths.

Also I wanted to know if i could do AS FM at A2 and put it on my reference or personal statement that i would be taking it at A2 would this be good?

yes, doing fm AS would be a very good idea - pretty much essential! your other ASs are good.
Reply 2
Original post by Acrux

90% of offers go to those with FM, so doing as much FM as possible especially stats modules is good. It is worth saying on the SAQ that you became aware of the need later. You will need very high Maths UMS to reassure them (>95%) that your maths is up to it. Be well revised before the interview. It is worth reading the college "subject notes" on their websites as there are subtle differences in how highly different colleges regard the necessity of FM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending