Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the english song last year was quality. it should have one a bafta comedy award

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    who found the english song rubish last yr
    The girl could not sing..

But I think politics had at leats something to do with the null points..

Eurovision is ALL about politics... The Scandinavians vote for eachother, France and Belgium vote for eachother, Germany and Turkey vote for eachother..

It's great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    The girl could not sing..

But I think politics had at leats something to do with the null points..

Eurovision is ALL about politics... The Scandinavians vote for eachother, France and Belgium vote for eachother, Germany and Turkey vote for eachother..

It's great
    lol i agree

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE eurovision! It's one of the coolest nights in the year! And now this year, there are 3 Eurovisions! (Semi-Final, Final and Kids!) I am really sad I know, but I know almost everything there is to know about eurovision, even the songs entering this year! Go me!

My favourites this year are:

Turkey - Singing a wicked Ska song! Very untradition Eurovision, but very cool! It is called "For Real" and it is by "Athena". get it off Kazaa if u can.

Serbia & Montenegro - Good ethnic song with some really quirky parts.

Ukraine - Just a supremely cool song!

Cyprus - Best ballad in the competition, has to do well.

I also like Ireland, Belgium, Spain and Iceland. They should all do well.

I'm not too fond of the Swedish entry which is favourite to win, but it isn't the worst Eurovision song ever (Cry Baby was just the worst!)

We won't come anywhere this year. We'll probably get nil-points again. Really **** boring song. Oh well, we can't be the best at everything!

ReputationRep:
    belgium last year was pretty good. it was that weird folk song in a made up language, but it had a catchy tune

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    The Austrian and German entries are always quite fantastic

I agree....

Do you think our entry this year (James Fox from Fame Academy) will win the title for us...?

I liked Dana International...whatever year that was...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    who found the english song rubish last yr
    I did!
    They couldn't sing and the song was ****.
    They even tried to release it in the charts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    I believe Cry Baby got to Number 15. This year's entry by James Fox is in the charts at Number 13. How pathetic! We are so going to come last this year!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    I did!
    They couldn't sing and the song was ****.
    Was already too drunk by then. CHeered anyway, and booed and hissed at Turkey! (was with my friend, a Greek Cypriot..)

ReputationRep:
    !BUMP!

It's this weekend!!! Woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    !BUMP!

James Fox will sing 20th out of the 24 songs for the UK.

Terry Wogan says we have a good chance, though he claims he says that every year. His commentary is legendary, one of the best things about Eurovision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)

Terry Wogan says we have a good chance, though he claims he says that every year. His commentary is legendary, one of the best things about Eurovision.
    THE only best thing anout eurovision if you ask me, and its only mediocre

ReputationRep:

One of the best things? What are the others?!! Is James Fox any good do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    THE only best thing anout eurovision if you ask me, and its only mediocre
    Some of it is just so bad - you just have to watch it.

It only really gets good when they do the scoring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    One of the best things? What are the others?!! Is James Fox any good do you know?
    He's okay.

Another reality TV starlet - this time from Fame Academy. It's okay, quite a slowish ballad I think, but its okay.

ReputationRep:
    Some of it is just so bad - you just have to watch it.

It only really gets good when they do the scoring.
    Even that takes about 27 hours, why they cant just tell you I do not know. The only bit I like is putting subtitles on and laughing at the lyrics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Even that takes about 27 hours, why they cant just tell you I do not know. The only bit I like is putting subtitles on and laughing at the lyrics.
    Because the scoring is exciting - one country at a time, watching to see what position the UK is in.

That bit is what most people look forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    !BUMP!

In fact, it's tomorrow and Saturday! So what's all this qualifying business then? How many countries get kicked out at this stage? What's going on?

I need Terry to explain it to me.

ReputationRep:
    :mad:
    Eurovision is so bad. I think the should make one for decent music.
    But saying that, i can't help but watch it!

ReputationRep:
    I think the Eurovision is a good idea, but only if people actually vote for the best songs.
    What annoys me is that countries which are friends vote for each other, even if their song is the worst in the whole contest.
    Although it's fun to watch, there doesn't seem to be much of a point in it anymore.

As for the UK getting nil last year, our theory is that the other countries were frustrated because we joined Bush in the Iraq problem.
    So either everyone in the rest of Europe hates us, or the politics changed the votes.
    Our song wasn't that good, but it wasn't the worst that they had there.

Tatu only did well because they are well-known. Their actual song was a lot more rubbish than ours.

Thats what i think anyways.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.