A level history or French? Watch

Crob11258
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey! I'm a year 13 student in NI sitting a levels in chemistry, biology, maths and history and in the future I would like to study medicine or biomed or similar career. Right so recently I have been struggling with one of my a level choices namely history. At gcse I obtained A*s in both French and history and were very close in terms of marks overall, I love both French and history however I decided to do history in the end as I thought it would be easier to get an A in it over French and that the workload would be lighter than taking on the language. Recently though i have found the history a tad boring and find it difficult at times to remember and recall information from the reading assignments and friends have been telling me a language may be more beneficial than doing history and that I'd get a lot more out of doing a language than history and have been considering switching to French.
so was wondering if anyone who studied/studies french and history at a level could help make a compasrison between the two including difficulty, workload, benefits, drawbacks etc. it would be very much appreciated!
boods8897
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I debated between History and French also. I do French and am on A/B. The oral side I found very challenging - 15 minutes semi-unscripted conversation, but I think it's quite rewarding seeing how much my French improved! AS topics are tourism/popular culture/media/healthy living and lifestyle/family relationships. A2 topics are environment/multicultural society/contemporary social issues/cultural topics (study a film and a book).

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.22%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.81%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (117)
23.45%
No, I chose not to (145)
29.06%