corax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Without thinking, I imported my music from a USB stick not realising that it would not automatically make a copy into the iTunes Music Folder (I have changed this setting now).

I then added the songs to the iTunes Music Folder and now I have a duplicate of every song in my iTunes library

Is there a quick way of deleting the duplicates? It's going to take me ages, perhaps, years to go through every album.

(On Windows 8 btw)

EDIT// I have deleted the wrong duplicates and now no music will play. Despite the tracks being in the iTunes Music folder
JenniferAnderson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by corax)
Without thinking, I imported my music from a USB stick not realising that it would not automatically make a copy into the iTunes Music Folder (I have changed this setting now).

I then added the songs to the iTunes Music Folder and now I have a duplicate of every song in my iTunes library

Is there a quick way of deleting the duplicates? It's going to take me ages, perhaps, years to go through every album.

(On Windows 8 btw)

EDIT// I have deleted the wrong duplicates and now no music will play. Despite the tracks being in the iTunes Music folder

Choose View > Show Duplicate Items to show duplicate items (matches are based on the song name and artist). If you have multiple versions of the same song (for example, live and studio versions, or versions from different albums) you can hold the Alt or Option key (for Mac OS X) or the Shift key (for Windows) and choose View > Show Exact Duplicate Items. This will show only duplicate songs having the same name, artist, and album.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed