PSYA3/4 Essays from Moi - Aggr/Rel/Percep + Phobias

Watch
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is what i used to study for the exams. I printed them all at my school which has a double sided printer, so i used the useless title page so that the A01 is on one side and the A02 is on the other. There is also a weird bullet point/number system, but you can delete them and the essay would still make sense. Made purely to help revision (which it did!). I wrote what i think was REALISTIC to learn - people (inc my teacher) would shout that my A01 is not enough, but doing more would leave me screwed from my perspective.

Quick notes on uploaded documents:
There were some incredibly half assed attempts by me on some essays because i was predicting some topics over others (risky game!). Probably wouldnt recommend it, but with the quantity of stuff you need to revise for, i felt it was the best option for me . These are the following topics in the pack which you can do a lot better than me! (A02 is generally quite adequate imo)

Perception - Gibson A01 needs a hell a lot of work (hate him with passion, came up as well in June 13 lol), Depth Perception A01, B+Y (Bit too long?), Case studies A01 (Add one more study for an 8 marker), PA explanations (could be worked flossed a bit).

Aggression - Deindividuation A01 could be expanded upon, Institutional Aggr could have a better A02 balance, Aggr in sport A01 is too much imo

Relationship - Generally, the entire formation / maintenance / breakdown of relationship topics are a poor effort for me, sorry! (I more or less ignored the 2nd explanation) I attempted to try use the same points for each essay to cut revision, but its a bit iffy. Everything else is decent quality.

Phobias - Psychodynamic A01, Biochemical A01, Psychoanalysis, Classification (Incredibly lazy on the A02 on this one especially)

In the end of this hard work, i got 100 UMS in Unit 3 and 94 UMS in Unit 4 with these files so they cant be that bad! I basically just read over these essays and made sure i could regurgitate them.

I personally stuck to 5/6 A02 points for 24 markers and 3 A02 points for 12 markers. Add/cut/modify A01/2 points according to what your teacher gives e.g. You might do equity theory rather than reinforcement affect or have a much more memorable A02 point. Theres a lot of synoptic/IDAs since they make revision much better than having purely studies. I also tried to overlap studies on several essays to make my A02s more developed and reduce revision.

Good luck guys for psycho, its painful but the exam is all cool (Would have loved these sort of essays if i were in your shoes). FYI: You DO NOT need really high marks for Unit 3. If i recall, around 16/24 per section puts you in the A* boundaries. Also learn research meth early. You'll be able to revise comfortably the day before for it
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
30.09%
No (309)
69.91%

Watched Threads