LEG12177206
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Right i want to do physics at university next year. I'm curious to see if anyone could give me some help. I already have an A in geology, a B in physics and a B in chemistry at A2, as well as an A at Maths AS and a B at History AS. Im doing a third year to finish maths, and im fast tracking geography and doing an EPQ to fill time/bulk up my application. Could i get into the likes of UCL or Kings if I have a blinder with my personal statement and interview?
Jabberjay_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I called up UCL, Imperial, Oxford and York, they all said that the extended project would be a good idea to take as it shows your independence and dedication towards your education. (However obviously you would have to do it in the area of the subject you want to study at uni). I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, computing and the EPQ (dropped chemistry for EPQ), all those universities said that in my situation it was a good idea.
LEG12177206
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Jabberjay_)
I called up UCL, Imperial, Oxford and York, they all said that the extended project would be a good idea to take as it shows your independence and dedication towards your education. (However obviously you would have to do it in the area of the subject you want to study at uni). I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, computing and the EPQ (dropped chemistry for EPQ), all those universities said that in my situation it was a good idea.
UCL said they wouldnt consider me with a B which seems strange when they state an AAB is good enough for them. They didnt even ask if i was capable of getting an A* in maths or what my epq was about. If I do better than I hope though i'll phone them after my results come out to see if i can blag a place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15%
I'm not sure (14)
3.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (142)
33.81%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.43%
I'm not a current university student (195)
46.43%

Watched Threads