The Student Room Group

Been in love with a girl for 4 years ... and she's told me this?

"Hope you're having a fun night out I think about you all the time. Love you lots night night xx"

I don't know what to feel. I mean, I've loved her for ****ing ages guys ... I've felt something that I've never felt with any girl before. She kind of let me down once when she dated this other guy BUT ...... and I mean BUTshe fell out with him a couple months before when he cheated on her with some other prick - they dated for 3 weeks(!!).

We were really, really ****ing close before this all happened. So I don't know what to do now. I love her so much ... words cannot describe it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your point being?
What are you getting at? Have you only just found out about the cheating?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

She kind of let me down once when she dated this other guy BUT ...... and I mean BUTshe fell out with him a couple months before when he cheated on her with some other prick - they dated for 3 weeks(!!).

She didn't 'let you down'. It's more probable that she found the guy more Sexually appealing or interesting than you, or both.

It's hard to hear but it's the truth.

You have to be or at least act like more of a man. It's good that you've found love but emotional dependency is never a good thing.

Stop being a wimp and let her crawl back to you, reject her and with any luck you'll have made it out of the friend-zone. After that you have to make your intentions more clear (with action, touching etc) not just hoping she mistakes your eye contact for romance. Again sorry but it is the truth, there is no other way.
Reply 4
Original post by charmander12
What are you getting at? Have you only just found out about the cheating?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No .... her cousin, who I've been childhood friends told me about it about 2 months ago.

I just don't know ..... To be honest with yous I wrote her a love letter a few months ago ....
She's frothing at the gash man, if you don't give it a go now you suck forever.
Original post by 105263
She didn't 'let you down'. It's more probable that she found the guy more Sexually appealing or interesting than you, or both.

It's hard to hear but it's the truth.

You have to be or at least act like more of a man. It's good that you've found love but emotional dependency is never a good thing.

Stop being a wimp and let her crawl back to you, reject her and with any luck you'll have made it out of the friend-zone. After that you have to make your intentions more clear (with action, touching etc) not just hoping she mistakes your eye contact for romance. Again sorry but it is the truth, there is no other way.

huh what...go for fwbs...surely thatd **** yeh up emotionally:?

at first I was like..I like what hes saying then towards the end I was like huh...
Reply 7
Original post by trustmeimlying1
huh what...go for fwbs...surely thatd **** yeh up emotionally:?

at first I was like..I like what hes saying then towards the end I was like huh...

Part a) Diagnosis
Part b) treatment
"Hope you're having a fun night out I think about you all the time. Love you lots night night xx"

I don't know what to feel. I mean, I've loved her for ****ing ages guys ... I've felt something that I've never felt with any girl before. She kind of let me down once when she dated this other guy BUT ...... and I mean BUTshe fell out with him a couple months before when he cheated on her with some other prick - they dated for 3 weeks(!!).

We were really, really ****ing close before this all happened. So I don't know what to do now. I love her so much ... words cannot describe it.

The best thing to do is to talk to her. If she doesn't feel the same way, at least you know for sure. Things might be a bit weird for a while, but true friendships work past that.
Original post by 105263
Part a) Diagnosis
Part b) treatment

yes he can learn to be less emotional dependant..but looking for a ****buddy..is gonna **** him up emotional for good.

mates is a bad idea too as he clearly still has the feels..
Original post by Coffeetime
The best thing to do is to talk to her. If she doesn't feel the same way, at least you know for sure. Things might be a bit weird for a while, but true friendships work past that.

I wrote her a letter months before all this **** happened ... I told her I was in love with her and that I couldn't help it ... and now this?! ... I just don't know.
I wrote her a letter months before all this **** happened ... I told her I was in love with her and that I couldn't help it ... and now this?! ... I just don't know.

You actually gave it to her?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
yes he can learn to be less emotional dependant..but looking for a ****buddy..is gonna **** him up emotional for good.

mates is a bad idea too as he clearly still has the feels..

I don't want to be **** buddies with her ... I want her as a Girlfriend or whatever ... someone I can share my life with and can feel her life too .... I sent her a love letter once ... it took me so much guts to write it .... and now this?!

I sent her this :

me >> "I don't know what to say..."

her >> "I want to be with you .... :frown:"

So I guess, unless she's ****ing hammered, that she wants us to be together(?)
You actually gave it to her?

Of course I did ...... it was some sort of closure ..... I sent it to her ... she said she 'loved' it, and that she was almost in 'tears' ... and I told her that I just wasn't ready to be friends with someone who I had these kind of feelings with her ... so I blocked her, and (almost) forgot about her until she sent me that message just 30 odd minutes ago.
Reply 15
Of course I did ...... it was some sort of closure ..... I sent it to her ... she said she 'loved' it, and that she was almost in 'tears' ... and I told her that I just wasn't ready to be friends with someone who I had these kind of feelings with her ... so I blocked her, and (almost) forgot about her until she sent me that message just 30 odd minutes ago.

I smell rebound.
I sent her this :

me >> "I don't know what to say..."

her >> "I want to be with you .... :frown:"

So I guess, unless she's ****ing hammered, that she wants us to be together(?)

That sounds good then?
Original post by HiBear
I smell rebound.

We've had a thing so much longer than her pesky boyfriend of 3 months!! ... we had a thing for 4 years for ****s sakes ... her boyfriend was more likely her rebound more than anything!!
Reply 18
We've had a thing so much longer than her pesky boyfriend of 3 months!! ... we had a thing for 4 years for ****s sakes ... her boyfriend was more likely her rebound more than anything!!

you weren't in a relationship with her. He was not a rebound.. you are ready and available and easy. Also how'd you know if she hadnt been seeing someone else?

If she's on the rebound, she's looking for someone she can displace her romantic emotion to, and you're perfect for the part. You're already gagging for her. Though tbh you'd do better to move on .. there was a reason she went for him and not you.

Just my two cents.
That sounds good then?

I suppose ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending