The Student Room Group

Becoming infected by misandrist views, please help

Growing increasingly confused about my identity, sexuality, gender role and values, in the process feeling a lot of self-criticism about how I fail to live up to what women deserve and should demand. After all this is the attitude of so many 16 year old girls with princess syndrome (not excusing the heartless bad boys here). Look on Tumblr and you will see these sorts of expectations…maybe there's a point, maybe all the good, strong, real men have gone.

Whoever reps me is an idiot. Look I'm just doing very dirty work, to make a point that patriarchy hurts men too.

1. If the man cheats, it's the man's fault for being unfaithful.
If the woman cheats, it's the man's fault for being a loser and not upping his game

2. If the man dumps her, it's the man's fault for being shallow, superficial, impatient and failing to see her inner beauty/awesomeness
If the woman dumps him, she can do better than a nobody like him

3. If a man calls an overweight/obese woman out on her weight, e.g. saying he's not finding her as attractive, he's a shallow misogynistic pig and she should dump him for someone who respects her for who she is
If a woman calls a man out on his body, he's necessarily an overweight or obese one just slightly tubby/skinny and not really doing it for her, how dare he fail to reach the Adonis ideal. As a man his first duty should be to man up, hit the gym and get shredded, if he doesn't he's lazy selfish and doesn't love her and she should dump his sorry ass

4. If a woman gropes a man, he's got a nice ass and he should feel complimented, if he feels uncomfortable he's insecure which is such a turn-off, and anyway he's come to a night-club with a nice ass, he's basically askiing for it
If a man gropes a woman, it's sexual harassment and there should be a fine if not imprisonment, and ideally the man should be placed on the Sex Offenders Register

5. If a woman stays as a home-maker, that's her prerogative for following traditionalist roles-the fact she has no baby or children to look after is irrelevant
If a man stays as a home-maker/to look after the kids, he's taking the easy way out and should get a bloody job like a man. If he has to go to work he should hire a nanny; if he can't afford a nanny he should get 2 jobs

6. If a woman is off work sick with fever, she needs some time-out before she burns herself out, and needs to go easy on herself

If a man is off work sick with fever, it's not fever it's man-flu, men these days are so pathetic

7. If a woman has mental health issues, and on sick leave, she needs time to recuperate from a serious condition

If a man has mental health issues, and takes time off-or mentions it to his boss-he's got man-depression i.e. needs to realise when the going gets tough the tough get going lad, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get on with it!

8. If a woman has low self-esteem because she feels ugly, society is at fault for putting too much pressure on young women to look good-cf recent Dove campaign on Photoshopping-the right guy will see past that

If a man has low self-esteem because he feels ugly, someone's a bitter friend zone forveeralone 'Nice Guy', wow what a creep

9. If a woman feels she falls short of society's expectations, modern woman is expected to be Supergirl and place everyone-the system is corrupt, don't believe the media hype, we're only human!

If a man feels he falls short of society's expectations he's obviously a bitter lazy slob who wants to sit around p[laying video games all day. Might I suggest he goes and lifts some heavy **** up to grow back his balls? God, grow up.

10. If a woman needs a shoulder to cry on after a hard day, everyone's human and any good boyfriend would be the first to reassure her

If a man needs a shoulder to cry on after a hard day/week/year, that's no man it's a man-child, DTMFA and let him grow up. Exception: 2-4 week grieving allowance for recent dead parents…at girlfriend's discretion

11. If a woman bails on the baby/suggests abortion, he's scum for sleeping with her so irresponsibly (even if he said yes)

If a man bails on the baby/suggests abortion, he's scum

more to come soon :/
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

More to come soon? Oh I can't wait for that...
Reply 2
I have a question. During your sabbatical from TSR, and the time you spent investigating a weirdo community on the internet, how many new real world women did you talk to and get to know?
Well you're definitely back.

Thought maybe you'd moved on... Clearly not.
Original post by ilem
I have a question. During your sabbatical from TSR, and the time you spent investigating a weirdo community on the internet, how many new real world women did you talk to and get to know?

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88

Are you saying what he listed is not the norm of the current society?
Reply 5
Original post by ilem

A couple, very briefly, and one that I am beginning to make a friendship with.

But let's remember one of the fundamental social principles: what people say in public and what people think in private are rarely harmonious.

I actually think of it as 2 doors: women let the unattractive men/virgins in one door and tell one version of reality to them (a lie), they let the attractive men through another and tell them the truth.
Reply 6
Original post by LutherVan

Ok you're on Nairaland so you hold somewhat extremist views, however I would like to know the answer to this too
Reply 7

Christ Lavender you could just say you find me an annoying prick and want me to gtfoh, people always ****ing sugar-coating exactly why I went on the RedPill
Original post by Riku
Christ Lavender you could just say you find me an annoying prick and want me to gtfoh, people always ****ing sugar-coating exactly why I went on the RedPill

What the **** is this red pill you keep banging on about?
Reply 9

Probably something offered to him on the internet that promises a fabbo body and to attract girls.

Gonna assume it's this sub-Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/ :sigh:
Reply 11
Original post by LutherVan

I am saying the trends in the OP are nowhere near as prevalent in society as he claims.

Original post by Riku
A couple, very briefly, and one that I am beginning to make a friendship with.

But let's remember one of the fundamental social principles: what people say in public and what people think in private are rarely harmonious.

I actually think of it as 2 doors: women let the unattractive men/virgins in one door and tell one version of reality to them (a lie), they let the attractive men through another and tell them the truth.

What you think is 'the truth' has been manifactured on the internet by angry and frustrated men who want to deflect the blame for their lack of success from themselves onto something outside of their control, in order to portray themselves as powerless victims of circumstance. Because it's everyone else and not them.

If you want to know women, get to know them. Of course that still won't reveal any grand truths about women as a whole because they are, shockingly, individuals, but it's at least more productive than reading bitter accounts about women on the internet. At the very least it may help dispel some of those notions that you have picked about being every woman being a cynical conniving monster out to get men.
These are just a bunch of generalisations. Make your own critical conclusions about women based on the ones you meet.

/thread
Reply 13
What you think is 'the truth' has been manifactured on the internet by angry and frustrated men who want to deflect the blame for their lack of success from themselves onto something outside of their control, in order to portray themselves as powerless victims of circumstance. Because it's everyone else and not them.

If you want to know women, get to know them. Of course that still won't reveal any grand truths about women as a whole because they are, shockingly, individuals, but it's at least more productive than reading bitter accounts about women on the internet. At the very least it may help dispel some of those notions that you have picked about being every woman being a cynical conniving monster out to get men.

But there's the rub! If these men are all acting as victims, they have a lot to be accountable for. Well then, if a woman cheats on him for a hotter guy, he should think twice before eating that cheeseburger in future. You see? Accountability.

I will do my best but, is it sexist to say I flat out don't 100% trust any woman? Not even my mum or therapist tbh? I mean she still hasn't been honest about cheating on Dad

More extensively I don't trust most people of either gender but I can somewhat trust my 2 best friends and my dad.
Reply 14
Original post by Clip
Probably something offered to him on the internet that promises a fabbo body and to attract girls.

There's loads of them. The difference with this is it leaves minimal to zilch margin of error for men. Which will make the weak stressed and paranoid and the strong successful.

i don't agree with the manipulation at all, they are practically rape apologists, but this hyper accountability and keeping frame thing is interesting.
Reply 15
Original post by MrDystopia
More to come soon? Oh I can't wait for that...

Original post by ilem
I am saying the trends in the OP are nowhere near as prevalent in society as he claims.

See above didn't quote properly
Reply 16
This is as bad as feminism
Dude..
Reply 18
Original post by Odd socks
Dude..

Hey odd this would be why i'm in therapy :/
Original post by Riku
Hey odd this would be why i'm in therapy :/

:hugs: I just hoped you'd have managed to get some of this stuff out of your head over the summer :frown: is the therapy going well?

Quick Reply

Latest