Katy Barge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
That's all we have time for today but throughout the rest of this week we have surgeries dedicated to Eligibility and the Childcare Grant so feel free to post a question for the team.

I'll be back on 29th September to answer more questions in the live web chat 'Student Finance Explained'.

In the meantime, we have produced a suite of factsheets covering a wide range of subjects, for example, applying for student finance, extra help for students with dependent children and repayment. There’s even a selection of factsheets designed to help you answer questions from parents. We've also got animations and films you can share with your students to help explain student finance and the application process on our dedicated Practitioners' website - www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/resources

There’s several free printed quick guides that you can hand out to students, to give them information about what support is available to them; and there’s information on extra help for students with a disability, including a mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty or students who have children and adult dependants. There’s also a quick guide specifically for parents. You can order your printed copies of these to hand out to your students and their families now by visiting our website: www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/resources/order-forms

We also have Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages where your students can access up to date information and support while they’re applying for student finance: Twitter: /SF_England; Facebook: /SFEngland; and youtube/SFEFILM

We would appreciate it if you could let your students and their families know about our dedicated student finance zone on The Student Room website which has a range of helpful tools and guidance:
www.thestudentroom.co.uk/studentfinance

Thanks,

Katy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (45)
5.89%
Uncertainty around my education (88)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.47%
Lack of purpose or motivation (98)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
5.24%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (43)
5.63%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (83)
10.86%
Financial worries (51)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (33)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (48)
6.28%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.14%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (72)
9.42%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (59)
7.72%

Watched Threads