The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston

Whats this university like?
Thinking of going to study Marketing.
As a recent graduate now employed by the university this is going to seem a little bit bias. But speaking from a personal stand point i loved my time here and if i had the chance i would do it all over again, only more in depth living away from home this time. The teaching is fantastic and is geared towards finding you a job in a practical sense and the campus is small enough to feel safe and friendly. The students union offers a massive range of clubs and societies which should keep you busy out of hours and by the end of it you leave with a world class degree. If you have any more specific questions don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Aston University
As a recent graduate now employed by the university this is going to seem a little bit bias. But speaking from a personal stand point i loved my time here and if i had the chance i would do it all over again, only more in depth living away from home this time. The teaching is fantastic and is geared towards finding you a job in a practical sense and the campus is small enough to feel safe and friendly. The students union offers a massive range of clubs and societies which should keep you busy out of hours and by the end of it you leave with a world class degree. If you have any more specific questions don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Josh

Thanks so so much for this. I plan to attend open day in October.
What degree did you do, and what is accommodation like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by princesskimana
Thanks so so much for this. I plan to attend open day in October.
What degree did you do, and what is accommodation like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, it is my job after all. :smile: I did a Psychology & Sociology joint honours degree, something I had a strong passion for since GCSE and I enjoyed every second of it, even writing my 50 page dissertation. As for the Accommodation i lived at home during my stay but from what i've saw visiting friends, it's really nice, plenty of windows and light, good storage space and they're all a bit of a blank canvas for you to make your own. Also make sure to download our open day app when you come down in october.
Original post by Aston University
No worries, it is my job after all. :smile: I did a Psychology & Sociology joint honours degree, something I had a strong passion for since GCSE and I enjoyed every second of it, even writing my 50 page dissertation. As for the Accommodation i lived at home during my stay but from what i've saw visiting friends, it's really nice, plenty of windows and light, good storage space and they're all a bit of a blank canvas for you to make your own. Also make sure to download our open day app when you come down in october.

I will, what is the nightlife like? And is campus far from the Bullring?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by princesskimana
I will, what is the nightlife like? And is campus far from the Bullring?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The nightlife in Birmingham is really rather good, i'm sure it depends on what sort of music you're into Broad Street is full of mainstream clubs playing pop and dance music, then just bit before that there are a number of Indie club nights such as propaganda at the O2 Academy and snobs, the other side of town there is a healthy alternative scene with Uprawr catering to hardcore and pop punk and Eddies playing heavy metal all night. There are also a number of pubs if you're more of a puber than a cluber, Gosta Green is on campus along with places such as The Crown, Post Office Vaults, Brewdog and The Victoria only a short walk away.

The Bullring is about a ten minute walk from campus so it really shouldn't be a problem, just watch out for all the charity workers who will ask you to donate your student loan. :wink:
Wow thanks for the in-depth response! I hope I do get into Aston - it sounds so fun and has a great reputation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest