xy3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to do fine art at university, do I need to do a foundation year first/will I have a better chance of getting in or is that just if you do a levels because I do level 3 btec art and design at the moment, so isn't it just more of the same thing if i do a foundation?
Also how do you apply for a foundation, is it separate from your university applications on ucas? Like could you still apply for ba courses and then also apply for a foundation incase you don't get in
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xy3)
I want to do fine art at university, do I need to do a foundation year first/will I have a better chance of getting in or is that just if you do a levels because I do level 3 btec art and design at the moment, so isn't it just more of the same thing if i do a foundation?
Also how do you apply for a foundation, is it separate from your university applications on ucas? Like could you still apply for ba courses and then also apply for a foundation incase you don't get in
Most of the best art schools will require an art foundation and the majority of applicants will have done one, so you aren't applying on a level playing field without one. You apply direct to the college for art foundation, not through Ucas. There's nothing to stop you applying both for art foundation and a degree at the same time, since they use different application processes, but you will be much more likely to succeed in getting a degree offer if you do the foundation course and then apply for the degree the year after.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads