The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

K101/Adult Nursing Degree

Hello!
As I missed the intake this year by a scrape for the degree i will be applying next year. But before i do this they've advised me to study K101, the first module of the degree, so that i am able to transfer credit/prove that I'm confident & capable of studying at this level. Is there anyone else thats been advised to do this or any views of people who have previously done this? also, being slightly cheeky, i was just wondering what the average age range is of the students that study nursing with the OU.

:smile: Keira.
Reply 1
Hi, I am also studying k101, starting this October. I am working towards my nursing degree too. I was advised by open university that k101 is the best course to start with. I am not sure whether I am going to proceed with OU to get my nursing degree or go to a nursing university so I am using the k101 health and social care qualification to either get into nursing university or to carrying on with OU and transfer my credits onto the nursing degree course. I have been told that if you complete k101 before, you will not have to repeat it once you start your nursing degree course, so basically after completing k101, as it is the first module of the degree course you will be able to start on the second OU module, I assume. You do need to be working in a health care setting and have your employer sponsor you to do the OU nursing degree though. Are you starting this October in k101 too? oh and I am 21 :P
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Hello guys ,
I am going to start k101 along side with DD206 the uses of social science ,I would like to do adult nursing ,i have finished bu130 and b121 with the OU last year at the same time i am working as a senior carer in a nursing home ,i am at the same situation as u daisy i am not sure if i will be offered a place next year or if i have to do more moudles with the OU currently i am doing Open Diploma of higher education ,i have heared from a lot of people it is really taugh to get a place .what do u think ??
Reply 3
hi Ali, Where is it tough to get a place? nursing degree through OU or through a nursing University? I may go to university but due to personal circumstances I might not be able to so I am looking at taking my degree through the OU so I am trying to find out about care facilities that sponsor you to study through OU for your degree and how hard it is to get a job that will sponsor your OU studies. Ali are you looking at getting your employer to sponsor you through OU on the adult nursing degree?
Reply 4
Thanks for your reply daisy,I have tried this year with my employer if they can sponser me for the course but did not work i will try for next year , i know few ppl studying at kingston uni and kings university they did say it is really tough interview and it was very high number of people who did apply and they have only took 20 out of 50 ,i am not sure of student finance of england can sponser if we have got a place of one of the uni's ,and to be honest i really hope if we can get it with the OU and i can not understand why they made it really diffuclt for the ppl who really wanted to do the degree ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending