Alumna
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is my log and hopefully I can keep track of everything I do leading up to university. I am nervous for Uni because I do not make friends easily, but this is definitely a fresh start so definitely will be taking advantage of that.

With 2 days to go, I still need to finish pack and actually create something systematic. For the past 2 weeks I did necessary shopping but I was so unorganized and bought bits and bobs here and there. So far I have spent $45 on the essentials and will be taking the rest from home. I am having trouble packing because my all my kitchen items and clothes have taken up most of the space. I still need to pack all my bedding and electricals.

I also need to organise important document that my university will be needing and make a dozen photocopies before hand! I cannot believe I won;t be having a printer, I really wish i brought one. How am I going to manage my life without a printer? It is one of those things I am obsessed with. I really need to find a way to send my printer over once I get there.

you do not know how much you have until you need it. I am going to be needing a lot of hangers. I am not planning on buying all the stuff i have already when I am there because it is a waste of money. I won't be able to bring half those things back and they will be going in the bin. but as the year goes I guess I will decide what to do.
morl92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alumna)
This is my log and hopefully I can keep track of everything I do leading up to university. I am nervous for Uni because I do not make friends easily, but this is definitely a fresh start so definitely will be taking advantage of that.

With 2 days to go, I still need to finish pack and actually create something systematic. For the past 2 weeks I did necessary shopping but I was so unorganized and bought bits and bobs here and there. So far I have spent $45 on the essentials and will be taking the rest from home. I am having trouble packing because my all my kitchen items and clothes have taken up most of the space. I still need to pack all my bedding and electricals.

I also need to organise important document that my university will be needing and make a dozen photocopies before hand! I cannot believe I won;t be having a printer, I really wish i brought one. How am I going to manage my life without a printer? It is one of those things I am obsessed with. I really need to find a way to send my printer over once I get there.

you do not know how much you have until you need it. I am going to be needing a lot of hangers. I am not planning on buying all the stuff i have already when I am there because it is a waste of money. I won't be able to bring half those things back and they will be going in the bin. but as the year goes I guess I will decide what to do.
Great attitude to have! You'll be fine and I'll be following your blog. Good luck
Alumna
Rep:
?
18th - at is ok.
Dilzo999
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Following .
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you been around knocking on doors and introducing yourself and organising a trip to the pub yet? It is important to do this.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Midlanders have found a way of speaking with minimal effort.
Here's a (late) intro.
Alumna
Rep:
?
October
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.82%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.49%
No- I want it (68)
27.76%
No- I don't want it (17)