Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1) The fact that Islam is manmade religion.

2) The fact that following teachings of the quran are no way forward.

3) The fact that faith based on ignorance and fear of divine terror is of no benefit to anyone but detrimental to human development.

4) The fact that islam teaches that forbidden pleasures will be available for muslim men in paradise is a disgrace ie virgins, boys and wine etc.

5) The fact that Islam teaches women are lesser human beings than men eg their testimony is not acceptable on their own, sisters can only inherit half of what their brothers get, wives could be beaten up by their husbands, mothers have no right to their children, for they belong to their fathers etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mughal)

3) The fact that faith based on ignorance and fear of divine terror is of no benefit to anyone but detrimental to human development.

4) The fact that islam teaches that forbidden pleasures will be available for muslim men in paradise is a disgrace ie virgins, boys and wine etc.

5) The fact that Islam teaches women are lesser human beings than men eg their testimony is not acceptable on their own, sisters can only inherit half of what their brothers get, wives could be beaten up by their husbands, mothers have no right to their children, for they belong to their fathers etc etc.
    6) The fact that some people won't mind their own business and just let them get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    6) The fact that some people won't mind their own business and just let them get on with it.
    I take it you approve of point 5 then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I take it you approve of point 5 then.
    Nope, not at all, but the Islamic culture isn't going to change because someone has posted a message like this on a student forum.

And besides, that kind of culture is not acceptable in the UK because it is different, but to Muslims themselves it is second nature. Whether they're happy with this state of affairs or not, who are we to intrude?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not at all, but the Islamic culture isn't going to change because someone has posted a message like this on a student forum.

And besides, that kind of culture is not acceptable in the UK because it is different, but to Muslims themselves it is second nature. Whether they're happy with this state of affairs or not, who are we to intrude?
    I tend to agree with you. If moslem women are happy to be stoned to death in places like Iran for screwing around behind their husband's back then "fair dinkum" I say. And if they're not happy........well not my problem really. Who are we to intrude?

ReputationRep:
    I tend to agree with you. If moslem women are happy to be stoned to death in places like Iran for screwing around behind their husband's back then "fair dinkum" I say. And if they're not happy........well not my problem really. Who are we to intrude?
    I'm not saying it's right, but we can't go buggering about with a whole religion or a country's infrastructure and expect everything to turn out rosy in the end. It's a lot more complicated than that - if it weren't, these problems would be sorted by now.

You come onto this forum every day and claim we should be changing this or that, so what are you doing about it? From your posts I imagine you're in constant turmoil about the state of the world, so how are you going to change it and make it better? Are you jetting to Iran at the weekend to form a human shield at a stoning?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it's right, but we can't go buggering about with a whole religion or a country's infrastructure and expect everything to turn out rosy in the end. It's a lot more complicated than that - if it weren't, these problems would be sorted by now.

You come onto this forum every day and claim we should be changing this or that, so what are you doing about it? From your posts I imagine you're in constant turmoil about the state of the world, so how are you going to change it and make it better? Are you jetting to Iran at the weekend to form a human shield at a stoning?
    No. I don't care about what happens in Iran to be honest.

You come onto this forum every day claiming nothing should be done about anything. Are you claiming the moral high ground?

ReputationRep:
    You could make arguments about every religion. The problems come when people from outside cultures try to put forth their beliefs onto others by immigrating to other places. People that arent willing to blend in with their new surroundings have no business ever leaving their land of origin to begin with, no matter what religion they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
    You could make arguments about every religion. The problems come when people from outside cultures try to put forth their beliefs onto others by immigrating to other places. People that arent willing to blend in with their new surroundings have no business ever leaving their land of origin to begin with, no matter what religion they are.
    Well spoken. This is the problem. Quite honestly, who cares what happens in moslem countries? I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with the Islamification of Britain though. Moslems campainging for an Islamic British State worry me.

ReputationRep:
    By 'blending in' i do not mean to abandon your own beliefs, i meant to be able to hold your own beliefs and abide by your new lands beliefs also.

ReputationRep:
    By 'blending in' i do not mean to abandon your own beliefs, i meant to be able to hold your own beliefs and abide by your new lands beliefs also.
    Where Islamists turn around and say "we do not recognize the law of this land because it is not our law, the law of Islam" we have a real problem. And that's increasingly what is happening.

ReputationRep:
    Where Islamists turn around and say "we do not recognize the law of this land because it is not our law, the law of Islam" we have a real problem. And that's increasingly what is happening.

To do that in a host country is silly, those type people should stay in their own countries. Maybe Britain should be a little more forceful letting these people know they arent in afghanistan anymore.

ReputationRep:
    To do that in a host country is silly, those type people should stay in their own countries. Maybe Britain should be a little more forceful letting these people know they arent in afghanistan anymore.
    Oh, that would never do! We must respect their culture and be grateful for the "diversity" they bring to our green and pleasent land. rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that would never do! We must respect their culture and be grateful for the "diversity" they bring to our green and pleasent land. rolleyes:

Seems Britons have lost their heritage and pride, i guess putting millions of foreigners on that little island diluted it faster than we knew.

ReputationRep:
    Seems Britons have lost their heritage and pride, i guess putting millions of foreigners on that little island diluted it faster than we knew.
    Britain has lost direction but I prefer to think of it as a temporary malaise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mughal)

Err, so one of the 'forbidden pleasures' Muslim men will get in 'paradise' are boys? So Islam condones paedophilia???

Hope someone can say otherwise, but if it's true, then that is just disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koldtoast)
    Err, so one of the 'forbidden pleasures' Muslim men will get in 'paradise' are boys? So Islam condoes paedophilia???

Hope someone can say otherwise, but if it's true, then that is just disgusting
    Well, in Iran you can marry a 9 year old apparently.

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't care about what happens in Iran to be honest.

You come onto this forum every day claiming nothing should be done about anything. Are you claiming the moral high ground?
    No - you are. You're the one who is saying we should impose our morals and values on other cultures.

ReputationRep:
    Well, in Iran you can marry a 9 year old apparently.

The Talmud says sex with a child 3 years + 1 day up to 9 years +1 day old (or something to that effect) is ok, but that isnt muslim, its judaism. I dont know exactly what the muslim koran says about such things.

ReputationRep:
    No - you are. You're the one who is saying we should impose our morals and values on other cultures.
    I just said that I didn't care about what goes on in Iran. And truly I don't. And truly I don't want to impose our morals and values on them.

But, I'll be damned if I want their morals and values imposed on me.

Sound fair enough?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.