The Student Room Group

Social sciences courses

Hi, I've just started year 13 and in the process of choosing my university options! I'm really interested in doing an interdisciplinary course in social sciences, such as the one provided by Manchester where you get to choose a pathway, but still do modules in other fields. My main interest is social anthropology though :')

So my question here is, does anyone do the BASS programme at Manchester? Or does anyone do any social sciences at manchester tbh; and can tell me what its like studying in that school there? Manchester is my favourite at the moment but I'm also looking into Exeter (flexible combined honours in anthropology and philosophy) and York (social and political sciences with philosophy) so if anyone reads the social sciences at any of these universities it would be awesome if you could get back to me.

Oh, and ofc general uni information - specifically nightlife, student union and mental health services.

Thank you so much in advance <3

Kayla

(Oh, and my predicted grades are A*AB - which is what I basically got the equivilent of in my AS grades)
Reply 1
Hi Kayla,

Have you looked at the interdisciplinary degrees at University of Sheffield? They offer a BA in Applied Social Science and BA in Quantitative Social Science. It might be worth a look as UoS has been named Number 1 for best student experience too.

I work at the SMI and am not a student, but I could ask one of our students to get in touch about the student experience?

Best wishes

Hazel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending