The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

taz35
where u studying at

Almaty, Kazakhstan.
xxroyaxx
hey guys,
i completely understand what you all are going through, i was a nervous wreck this time last year.. but if it is any consolation to you, you get through it without even realizing it, and i am sure it wont be as bad as you think.
because i was in taiwan, our ib exams coincided with SARS... and this place was hit bad. our school shut down, and we ended up taking several papers for several subjects a day at a completely different school.. we even had to take exams after we had our graduation.
once it is all over you will realise what an accomplishment it is. GOOD LUCK TO ALL NEXT WEEK. :smile:
think about it this way, a month from now, this will pretty much be all over!! :biggrin:

Oh Lord...The last thing I would want to do is have a couple of exams on the same day! *wince* My misery doesnt seem to miserable anymore!! (: (:
I hope you did well!! :smile:
Reply 22
taz35
Do you know what u got...6/7?

yeah i got a six, i was pretty happy with that.
Reply 23
sarahwhatevver
Oh Lord...The last thing I would want to do is have a couple of exams on the same day! *wince* My misery doesnt seem to miserable anymore!! (: (:
I hope you did well!! :smile:

:smile: haha im glad that out of that bad came some good then!! yeah i did well, thanx! it worked out in the end, now im doing law at the uni i really wanted to go too, so its all good!! :biggrin:
i hope things work out for you too!
Reply 24
I'm mostly scared about maths, and physics... Then Norwegian A1 cuz I haven't read the books yet and History cuz there's so much to remember. Oki, I'm not worried about English B (cuz it's easy) and Economics (cuz I get a week to study for it) but scared shitless of the rest. Also I'm scared cuz I'm damned allergic to pollen and it's peak season now and my eyes are itching, my nose is running, my medicine is giving me sinus headaches and I get so sleepy from it...
Reply 25
xxroyaxx
:smile: haha im glad that out of that bad came some good then!! yeah i did well, thanx! it worked out in the end, now im doing law at the uni i really wanted to go too, so its all good!! :biggrin:
i hope things work out for you too!

Hey~. You're going to Notts right? Do you have MSN? I would love to talk to a fellow dancer who takes the IB AND is going to the same uni :biggrin:

mine is: [email protected]
Reply 26
yo ppl!
im really scared of history HL paper3 cause u have to write 3 essays in 2and a half hours, which is a killer for your brains and and your hand. also scared of maths studies paper2. now pls dont laugh about maths studies but paper1 REALLY is a killer because there's hardly time and i heard even teachers adn higher level students struggle to finish everything in an hour.
anways, GOOD LUCK IB STUDENTS!!!!
Reply 27
romy
yo ppl!
im really scared of history HL paper3 cause u have to write 3 essays in 2and a half hours, which is a killer for your brains and and your hand. also scared of maths studies paper2. now pls dont laugh about maths studies but paper1 REALLY is a killer because there's hardly time and i heard even teachers adn higher level students struggle to finish everything in an hour.
anways, GOOD LUCK IB STUDENTS!!!!

the timing on math studies paper 1 is quite hard.. u just have to push urself and make sure you dont waste any time. a really good way to train yourself is to take a lot of mocks.. our teacher made us take at least 10 mocks, and when i took the exam i had 5 minutes to spare to check work!
best of luck! im sure it will go well! :biggrin:
Vatrass
I'm really really scared about psychology and polish which is my A1... Basically I can't write esaays... When i think that in a week from now ill be writing psycho ....

God Im really really scared!!!!!

With you on the whole Psych exam - really wish we had world religions avaliable at our college, would have taken that exam 10 times over rather than suffer the torture of Psych higher and painfull essay writting - i'm not a humanities person!! :redface:
Reply 29
Exams start tomorow guys brace yourself!
Reply 30
IB exams in prgress right this second i right...
Im watching all my poor friends in the big exam hall doing english A1 A2 right now OMG the time has come !
Reply 31
Rashed
IB exams in prgress right this second i right...
Im watching all my poor friends in the big exam hall doing english A1 A2 right now OMG the time has come !

Yup I just sat it. One down, 13 more to go.....
Reply 32
vavavoom
Yup I just sat it. One down, 13 more to go.....

I do feel people seems overconfident here
hope no nasty surprises in july
Reply 33
BulMaster
I do feel people seems overconfident here
hope no nasty surprises in july

Why would me saying that I just took an exam mean i'm overconfident?! For your information, I need to get a 35 in IB, and i'm scared shitless that I won't get it, when most people on this forum see getting 37 and 38 as 'easy'.
Reply 34
I wasnt aiming directly at you friend, hmm maybe the way my msg was structured it does seem like that. Was talking overall since I did see some people claiming 37-38points to be a sunday walk in the park.

As for the record I need 38-39 which I might get in the next life :biggrin:

Still im sorry wasnt aiming at you should not use the quote button! bad button!
Reply 35
BulMaster
I wasnt aiming directly at you friend, hmm maybe the way my msg was structured it does seem like that. Was talking overall since I did see some people claiming 37-38points to be a sunday walk in the park.

Hahaha, ok! Sorry for snapping at you :smile:
BulMaster

I use the quote button with caution... :smile: i've just survived the best english exam ever - did anyone else love that prose in english (s) A! exam? i couldn't believe it, i think that i have just written the second best english essay i was ever capable of - that is not saying much since my essay skills are very poor but i though that was not a bad paper, anyone else with me? or should i shut up?!!
vavavoom
Why would me saying that I just took an exam mean i'm overconfident?! For your information, I need to get a 35 in IB, and i'm scared shitless that I won't get it, when most people on this forum see getting 37 and 38 as 'easy'.

I would not say anything about the people who thought taking 38 points was not a big deal...in fact, I felt like I was one of the stupid ones who thought that a 35 would be the best thing in the world!!
You guys (and Dr Soy Sauce) cheered me up!! (:
Reply 38
sarahwhatevver
I would not say anything about the people who thought taking 38 points was not a big deal...in fact, I felt like I was one of the stupid ones who thought that a 35 would be the best thing in the world!!
You guys (and Dr Soy Sauce) cheered me up!! (:

I wasn't attacking them, nor did I think they were overconfident. They're just smart. That comment was in response to what I thought was a post saying that I was overconfident, but Bulmaster didn't mean that.
vavavoom
I wasn't attacking them, nor did I think they were overconfident. They're just smart. That comment was in response to what I thought was a post saying that I was overconfident, but Bulmaster didn't mean that.

Maybe there is some miscommunication here...I was actually agreeing with you...(: ah well...!!

Latest

Trending

Trending