What should I choose? HELP!

Watch
Daz18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone, I'm in my last year of Sixth Form and soon I will be applying for University. Currently I have a difficult dilemma, as I'm not sure what course to pick, as I'm interested in them both. The first one is Business Information Systems - I'd like to study it because I've been interested in ict for a long time - currently working on a Distinction*, ICT never stops developing, so there are always chances to make a career, etc. The second choice is Business studies with Finance. My maths is average, but that is why I'd rather do joint honors with finance than just finance on its own. I'm studying Business right now, last year we did a finance unit in which I did very well and enjoyed it. I'd love to work with people in the future, therefore this course seems better to me than ict, as I don't see myself sitting in front of a computer all day, but ict has been my top choice for about two years now. I don't know what to choose, anyone has any suggestions?
Thanks
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,
Going with your strengths is definitely key to making your decision. Have you asked your tutors for these subjects? They will have studied them and will know your strengths well so it is definitely worth asking their opinion! A piece of advice that got thrown around a lot when I chose my degree and is 100% true is GO FOR THE ONE YOU ENJOY THE MOST. I am not joking, three years is a very long time to study something everyday that you hate so go with your heart on this one, both are really good choices and both are great for future careers. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads