Ybsy75
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Do many second and third years still go out every night during freshers? Or do you feel too old for that now? What do you do during freshers?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ybsy75)
Do many second and third years still go out every night during freshers? Or do you feel too old for that now? What do you do during freshers?
Yes, many of them will still go out.

What do they do? Drink.
BlueSheep32
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, many universities run "refreshers" events for returning students (Birmingham does it the first week after Christmas and when exams finish too), and many people take part, although probably less so by final year. I've never felt the desire to do fresher's week again because I don't like going out very much, so I tend to spend fresher's week catching up with everyone and doing fun stuff before term starts properly and we all get too busy with work. This year I'm spending most of fresher's week working in a student ambassador type role though.
Ybsy75
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by BlueSheep32)
Yeah, many universities run "refreshers" events for returning students (Birmingham does it the first week after Christmas and when exams finish too), and many people take part, although probably less so by final year. I've never felt the desire to do fresher's week again because I don't like going out very much, so I tend to spend fresher's week catching up with everyone and doing fun stuff before term starts properly and we all get too busy with work. This year I'm spending most of fresher's week working in a student ambassador type role though.
But many people still do it in final year I'd think. I know many final years go out a lot anyway. I don't know whether it's during freshers though.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ybsy75)
(Original post by BlueSheep32)
Hello everyone, I am currently in my third year and in reply to older students going out during freshers week this is dependent on each person. Having started third year I have been going out still during freshers although it hasn't been as frequent as my experience in first year. You can definitely still go out, but you must create a good balance between work and partying. I have found that although I still like to go out, after my first year I got stuck into the societies that I have joined and doing more meet ups with friends in town rather than just partying a lot. I am currently an ambassador for the University of Reading and this has really helped in earning some extra money and gaining new skills. Of course I do have to plan around this and make sure I am organised in the work I do in my job as well as my uni work and outside commitments. I've really enjoyed my time so far and would recommend it to others. If you have any questions just let me know.

Pip, 3rd year English Literature and History of Art
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^ Doesn't your account need to be made 'Official Representative' status then?

In response to the OP: I'm a second year and went out for one night this freshers. To be honest, I couldn't deal with people a few years younger than me going absolutely wild because it's the first time that they've been away from mummy and daddy. Next year I'll probably go out for a night or two but will probably be on a lower budget next year so maybe not!
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As a second year, I didn't fancy the actual freshers events because they're usually themed with terrible music. Rather save the money and go out after the madness has died down.
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TroyAndAbed)
As a second year, I didn't fancy the actual freshers events because they're usually themed with terrible music. Rather save the money and go out after the madness has died down.
Yeah, that's going to be my third year ethos. Will also pick up overtime at work (if I haven't taken a year's break to concentrate on my third year etc by then).
rainbowclare
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a second year and everyone at our Uni was going out during Freshers. Not to actual Freshers events or the union or whatever, just to other bars and clubs in town. There are a lot of good deals on at that time of year and you don't have any Uni work to do so it makes sense (if you are into clubbing)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads