Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey! I'm doing the A2 AQA English Literature course with my texts being:
- "The Bloody Chamber" by Angela Carter
- "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte
- "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley
- "The Pardoner's Tale" by Chaucer

I was wondering if anyone had any textbooks they can recommend to help study the texts.
Thanks
maymuyt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by eejames1)
Hey! I'm doing the A2 AQA English Literature course with my texts being:Jimi
- "The Bloody Chamber" by Angela Carter
- "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte
- "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley
- "The Pardoner's Tale" by Chaucer

I was wondering if anyone had any textbooks they can recommend to help study the texts.
Thanks
I studied the same texts as you but am resitting. I got York notes, CGP guides etc. But my top advice is as you go along each chapter in each text, draft up a table and make a list of all the important quotations with the analysis next to it. This helped me so much and luckily, i still got all my revision materials. Make essay plans as you go along and chapter summaries as well as notes on form and structure. Another top tip is create dichotomies and form an essay from that. So dichotomies like love and hate, dark and light, romanticst and rationalist, urban and rural etc. Hope i helped
eejames1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by maymuyt)
I studied the same texts as you but am resitting. I got York notes, CGP guides etc. But my top advice is as you go along each chapter in each text, draft up a table and make a list of all the important quotations with the analysis next to it. This helped me so much and luckily, i still got all my revision materials. Make essay plans as you go along and chapter summaries as well as notes on form and structure. Another top tip is create dichotomies and form an essay from that. So dichotomies like love and hate, dark and light, romanticst and rationalist, urban and rural etc. Hope i helped
Thank you so much! I had heard about York notes but I wasn't sure how much of the syllabus they covered. Everything else sounds like a fantastic way to revise! You're fantastic! Thank you!!
maymuyt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by eejames1)
Thank you so much! I had heard about York notes but I wasn't sure how much of the syllabus they covered. Everything else sounds like a fantastic way to revise! You're fantastic! Thank you!!
York notes was my saving grace ^_^ for english, learning quotes is key and so is understanding what the author is trying to convey. Also, make chapter summaries and you will be on top of everything (: good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads