The Student Room Group

UCL Medical School 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rassssclart
Good choices :smile:

Thanks :smile: Yours seem pretty good too, I'd considered Edinburgh and Bristol before settling on my choices.
Original post by TheProblematique
How many A's? I'd say ring up UCL and ask them whether it disadvantages your application and if so by how much. On their selection procedure they've just said that GCSEs give an indication of candidate's background and AS grades are more important. But they do like to have well rounded applicants with strengths in subjects other than just sciences. So i'm not sure what they'd think.

Only 2 As (biology and english). A2 subjects are biology - A*, chemistry - A* and psychology - A.

Alright I'll ring them up and see what their opinion is. I'm sure they will say something along the lines of 'Yes you will be disadvantaged but can still apply'.
Reply 22
Ah what'd you get? I got 695 but I don't know if that's high enough for Edinburgh (but the average was lower this year right)

587.5 average :/ I didn't do as much prep as I should have plus I always mess up on VR and AR as well as SJT. :frown:

Your UKCAT should be high enough, check their website I don't think they use a cut off.
Original post by ChocoCoco
587.5 average :/ I didn't do as much prep as I should have plus I always mess up on VR and AR as well as SJT. :frown:

Your UKCAT should be high enough, check their website I don't think they use a cut off.

Ah oh well, just try to murder the BMAT :biggrin: And yeah hopefully it's good enough
Original post by TheProblematique
Thanks :smile: Yours seem pretty good too, I'd considered Edinburgh and Bristol before settling on my choices.

Thanks, I might consider Bristol too tbh
Reply 25
Ah oh well, just try to murder the BMAT :biggrin: And yeah hopefully it's good enough

Yep, BMAT is on my hit list. (:<
Reply 26
reapplying to UCL , got rejected without interview. A*AA achieved and 4 A's at AS , hoping to do ok in the BMAT , but I find revising for it soooo tedious!
Original post by Ashkun
reapplying to UCL , got rejected without interview. A*AA achieved and 4 A's at AS , hoping to do ok in the BMAT , but I find revising for it soooo tedious!

you got 4 As and and still didn't get called up for interview? hopefully with those A2 results you will this year :smile:
Reply 28
Any ideas about what a competitive BMAT for UCL would be?
Reply 29
Original post by esmefg
Any ideas about what a competitive BMAT for UCL would be?

UCL has a holistic approach so they will consider all the aspects of your application, although getting around 6 on section 1-2 would strengthen your application :smile:
I'm applying to UCL just clicked pay and send last night!! :biggrin:
iGCSE: 9A*1A
AS: AAAA (bio, chem, maths, econ) + predicted A for f. maths which I'm taking this year
A2: predicted 4A*
Freaking out about the BMAT especially as I don't do physics :frown:
Original post by lilixxx1000
I'm applying to UCL just clicked pay and send last night!! :biggrin:
iGCSE: 9A*1A
AS: AAAA (bio, chem, maths, econ) + predicted A for f. maths which I'm taking this year
A2: predicted 4A*
Freaking out about the BMAT especially as I don't do physics :frown:

Just clicked pay and send today :smile: Where else are you applying?
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Just clicked pay and send today :smile: Where else are you applying?

Well done! :smile: Cambridge, Edinburgh, King's for medicine and Bristol for biochemistry with medical biochemistry. What about you?
Original post by lilixxx1000
Well done! :smile: Cambridge, Edinburgh, King's for medicine and Bristol for biochemistry with medical biochemistry. What about you?

Thanks. Bham, Nottingham and Leicester and then UCL for biomedical sciences :smile:. I really want to go to UCL haha!
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Thanks. Bham, Nottingham and Leicester and then UCL for biomedical sciences :smile:. I really want to go to UCL haha!

Oh cool :smile: Haha yeah I really like UCL as well!
Reply 35
Hi Guys, I'm also applying to UCL, hopefully I wanna get in after screwing up my UKCAT lol. I've got 5As and predicted 4A* in A levels. Also got 7A*S 1A and a C in IGCSEs (darn you Hindi :') ) Hopefully aiming at least above 5 in each section in BMAT and at least 3.5A for my essay lol. So much of work :tongue:
Hi guys! Have applied to study Medicine at UCL for 2015 entry!
Here are my stats:
GCSEs: 10 A*s
AS levels: 4 As (Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths)
Predicted A level grades: A*A*A*A* and an A* for the EPQ.
I will also be applying to Oxford, Imperial and Birmingham.
How are you all feeling about the BMAT? 😨
Reply 37
Original post by TazzyBoo
Hi guys! Have applied to study Medicine at UCL for 2015 entry!
Here are my stats:
GCSEs: 10 A*s
AS levels: 4 As (Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths)
Predicted A level grades: A*A*A*A* and an A* for the EPQ.
I will also be applying to Oxford, Imperial and Birmingham.
How are you all feeling about the BMAT?

Awesome stats! the BMAT should be alright as long as I don't procrastinate too much! Yourself?
Original post by Hectors
Awesome stats! the BMAT should be alright as long as I don't procrastinate too much! Yourself?

Hehe thank you! I've been working really hard for the BMAT, seeing that I'm banking on it quite a bit. I think I should be able to get a decent score if I'm feeling right as rain on the day.

I think it's just the fact that I have to keep up with schoolwork at the same time that's getting to me. I have 4 class tests this week!
Reply 39
Original post by TazzyBoo
Hehe thank you! I've been working really hard for the BMAT, seeing that I'm banking on it quite a bit. I think I should be able to get a decent score if I'm feeling right as rain on the day.

I think it's just the fact that I have to keep up with schoolwork at the same time that's getting to me. I have 4 class tests this week!

I'll try and ask my teachers to ease up on me a little, i have the chemistry coursework task and the BMAT to prepare for and they still give insane amounts of homework lol. Maybe they'll understand.
I imagine that you're very clever so the BMAT shouldn't be too bad for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending