The Student Room Group

Student Finance Worried

So I don't get paid off student finance till I have attended the enrollment week but I can't get to the enrollment week because I have no money and a bus costs £20 for the week, I literally have no money I have about £5 to last me until student finance pay me.
Reply 1
- try your uni's hardship fund or just talk to their funding advice service.
- also call sfe about your circumstances
- borrow off family/friends
- have you got a student acct? any overdraft on that
- final (if your very very very desperate - I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS - *scary music plays in bg*...

Spoiler

Reply 2
Are you living at uni or?
Why do you need a bus for the whole week? The enrollment is one day so you could just go in for that.
What I and everyone else did was use the student overdraft till we got out first payment.
Original post by Inazuma
Why do you need a bus for the whole week? The enrollment is one day so you could just go in for that.
What I and everyone else did was use the student overdraft till we got out first payment.

Exactly the right thing to do. Because it's a free overdraft, you can simply put your maintenance money back in once you get it. Although I don't think OP has applied for a student current account, although it only takes about 20 minutes if you manage to get an appointment on time. Plus OP can enjoy the perks that come with the account.
Reply 4
Original post by Hitashami
Exactly the right thing to do. Because it's a free overdraft, you can simply put your maintenance money back in once you get it. Although I don't think OP has applied for a student current account, although it only takes about 20 minutes if you manage to get an appointment on time. Plus OP can enjoy the perks that come with the account.

they won't give me one for some reason?? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2851359
Reply 5
Original post by skaur_1
they won't give me one for some reason?? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2851359

Open one alongside with Barcalys - £200 should be enough for the week, after that it increases to £2000 so all is good.

Also stop checking your credit score and applying, that can worsen it.. Maybe ask banks why they are refusing if possible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by skaur_1

Have you tried natwest?
Reply 7
Have you tried natwest?

no I tried hsbc, santander and lloyds but they all refused me so I don't want to ruin my score even more and risk getting rejected.
Original post by skaur_1
no I tried hsbc, santander and lloyds but they all refused me so I don't want to ruin my score even more and risk getting rejected.

I didn't know your score gets affected if you get rejected :/

........................ get a loan form parents?
Reply 9
Original post by Inazuma

Its enrolment week I have to go in nearly everyday
Reply 10
I didn't know your score gets affected if you get rejected :/

........................ get a loan form parents?

it gets affected by applying. because every time you apply they do a credit check. :unimpressed:a year ago I was just checking some car insurance quotes and that came on my credit file as well because the companies did a credit check. every credit check lowers your score... :facepalm:
Original post by shelldog999
Its enrolment week I have to go in nearly everyday

Do you have to commute then?
The actual enrolment though is one day.
I still say get the barclays account, £200 is plenty, I spent nowhere near that in my week before and I don't skimp.

Quick Reply

Latest