The Student Room Group

Is the "American Dream" a success or a failure

Is the "American Dream" a success or a failure:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A farce.
Original post by SK7866
Is the "American Dream" a success or a failure:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Is this in the context of OMAM?
Reply 3
Original post by jenigma
Is this in the context of OMAM?

Yep

Please Help me

I need some detailed explanation
Original post by SK7866
Yep

Please Help me

I need some detailed explanation

I don't understand the question, is the question whether the American Dream was a success/failure for G&L?
Steinbeck criticises the American dream and doesn't think It will become true so yeah he see's it as a failiure, as you have noticed no one in of mice and men achieved their dreams :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jenigma
I don't understand the question, is the question whether the American Dream was a success/failure for G&L?

Yeah, For G&L
Reply 7
Original post by Johnp1144
Steinbeck criticises the American dream and doesn't think It will become true so yeah he see's it as a failiure, as you have noticed no one in of mice and men achieved their dreams :smile:

Can you quote when he criticised it

I agree with the above. Also, it obviously was a short-lived dream if anything because for a while, yeah they were happy with their wages and were actually starting to save up. For them, it was a failure because it was just a dream in the end, it wasn't put into action.
Reply 9
Original post by jenigma
I agree with the above. Also, it obviously was a short-lived dream if anything because for a while, yeah they were happy with their wages and were actually starting to save up. For them, it was a failure because it was just a dream in the end, it wasn't put into action.

Can you give a quote when he criticises it
Original post by SK7866
Can you quote when he criticised it

I can't really remember about the American dream much as I'm doing about curleys wife but you could talk about how light in of mice and men symbolises hope and dreams and in the bunkhouse it is usually described as dark etc :smile:
Reply 11
I can't really remember about the American dream much as I'm doing about curleys wife but you could talk about how light in of mice and men symbolises hope and dreams and in the bunkhouse it is usually described as dark etc :smile:

Do you understand my question,Is the "American Dream" a success or a failure for George and Lennie
Original post by SK7866
Can you give a quote when he criticises it

Sorry it's been over 2 years since I studied OMAM haha however I agree with the above poster again.
Failure. Both end up destitute, homeless, and Lennie ends up with a bullet in the back of his head.
Original post by SK7866
Do you understand my question,Is the "American Dream" a success or a failure for George and Lennie

Oh sorry i don't really know much about the American dream and George and lennie as I'm doing curleys wife. it didn't say that in the question you wrote
Reply 15
Original post by jenigma

How do you think the american dream links to the George Lennie Candy. What do you think their dream is and do you think they will achieve it
Reply 16
I don't know how anybody could possibly consider it a success. :s-smilie: Lennie died for crying out loud.
Original post by SK7866
How do you think the american dream links to the George Lennie Candy. What do you think their dream is and do you think they will achieve it

You haven't read the whole book yet, right?
Reply 18
Original post by jenigma
You haven't read the whole book yet, right?

No. We are one the part when Candy gets introduced
Your dream can happen anywhere with hard work and dedication, don't matter whether you're The United States of America or Armenia...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending