writeleanor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I started University last Saturday and need some advice on washing clothes. I've got a full basket of clothes to wash but I'm pretty worried that I'll muck it up on the first try. If anyone can help I really need some advice

My main questions: How do you tell if an item is light/dark if it has a print on it? What clothes need tumble drying? What temp should I wash things? Should I do separate washes for lights/darks?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by writeleanor)
I started University last Saturday and need some advice on washing clothes. I've got a full basket of clothes to wash but I'm pretty worried that I'll muck it up on the first try. If anyone can help I really need some advice

My main questions: How do you tell if an item is light/dark if it has a print on it? What clothes need tumble drying? What temp should I wash things? Should I do separate washes for lights/darks?
I don't like taking risks with clothes so I separate them into light and dark, wash at 30 degrees and would only ever tumble dry underwear- anything else can shrink in the tumble dryer. Some people wash lights and darks together and use a colour catcher. And as far as the print goes, I normally decide based on the dominant colour.
writeleanor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
I don't like taking risks with clothes so I separate them into light and dark, wash at 30 degrees and would only ever tumble dry underwear- anything else can shrink in the tumble dryer. Some people wash lights and darks together and use a colour catcher. And as far as the print goes, I normally decide based on the dominant colour.
Thank you!
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by writeleanor)

I use a color catcher and wash whites and coloreds together, I've never had a problem doing that. I also throw everything apart from gym tshirts in the drier and have had no problems with stuff shrinking. If you don't want to take the chance though, I'd really recommend putting towels in the dryer as they take forever to dry otherwise.
Mimsycrafts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Check the labels in the clothes it tell you what temps and whether to tumble dry. Always go with the dominant colour. If it the first time your washing a dark/vibrant print wash it on its own.

http://www.care-labelling.co.uk/whatsymbolsmean.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise