The Student Room Group

I'm Riku, Ask Me Anything about Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Crash Bandicoot.

No personal questions please at this moment in time, ta :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why didn't you catch Sora in the sea? Eh? Let your friend drown much haha

I'd better find Goofy...
Reply 2
Original post by RosstheBoss0
Why didn't you catch Sora in the sea? Eh? Let your friend drown much haha

I'd better find Goofy...

Can confirm a plot twist to KH3: I reveal my plan to kill Sora all along mwahaha
Riku what are these things ?
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
Riku what are these things ?

Kingdom Hearts is the 'game' which I star in :smile:

Final Fantasy and Crash Bandicoot were my 2 favourite video games growing up and the safest questions to answer haha
What did you do on your break from TSR? Was it beneficial?
As you can see from the lack of responses, people would rather ask about your personal life instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by snowman77
What did you do on your break from TSR? Was it beneficial?

lots of masturbation :tongue:

jk. Lots of masturbation.

In all seriousness, apart from that, I graduated with a 2.1, and had a bit of a 'chilled out' summer, except I spent half of it traumatising myself testing the theories that got me infamous on TSR on Reddit instead. I then found The Red Pill which I now discuss in counselling, hence my large thread upon return. I have been out with my friends a few times, however, this is now (sadly) my main hobby at home, and sometimes costs me my sleep, as I wake up early anyway as if "I should be in work" there is that sense of guilt. I am still wrestling with my 'Internet addiction', which I am yet to get to the bottom of...

I have fell through with JSA and had to leave work on sick leave, and while on ESA have applied for various voluntary positions for therapeutic purposes, as well as CBT.

I also watched Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days! When I get the motivation to do so I will be playing KH Re: Chain of Memories, as my PS3 has finally been moved from my mum's flat to my dad's!

It was somewhat beneficial, in that I learned that my obsession with evolutionary psychology determining sexual attraction might be detrimental to my mental health after reading The Red Pill. I also discovered a few flaws about my behaviour (namely that it's not just TSR, it is a pattern of anxious avoidance where I rely upon technology esp. the Internet). My dad now has greater sympathies for my erratic outbursts and extreme thoughts.

I received a card explaining how my life-long diagnosis has left me prone to low self-esteem, anxiety, depressive tendencies, sleep trouble, obsessions, compulsions, phobias and addictive behaviour all along. It's reassuring that that might be a root cause. Also, there is an overlap with Dyspraxia and Asperger's; I believe I might fall on the autistic spectrum. All of these are great if somewhat dramatic insights into my personality change. I was not always quite so emotionally blunted, that is a recent phenomenon in perhaps the last 3-4 years or so, on off.

My great-aunt/godmother is somewhat upset that I seem to have lost my religion, but beyond that nobody in the family seems especially troubled. Which is not to say that they don't care, but that they are not making me anxious about recovery as such…humph
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
As you can see from the lack of responses, people would rather ask about your personal life instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure whether I should disclose too much. :/
Reply 9
Which are your favourite FF and Crash Bandicoot?
Reply 10
Original post by miser
Which are your favourite FF and Crash Bandicoot?

FFIX and Cortex Strikes Back by far. These were the first I played and the ones which evoke the most glorious nostalgia :biggrin:

I like any of the original Crash Bandicoot games up to Crash Bash, however, and although I haven't played many of I-V (my friend shares about these) VI, VII and X all had brilliant story lines. I am halfway through VIII at present.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Riku
I'm not sure whether I should disclose too much. :/

Well there you go. Even for a site like tsr, it's obvious these topics are still way too nerdy :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Well there you go. Even for a site like tsr, it's obvious these topics are still way too nerdy :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I know, but the amount of personal information I've revealed on TSR is incriminating enough as it is. To be honest, my return didn't go nearly as expected-it was great for the first day, then I realised I hadn't made enough progress to present a positive personality change.

I've been meaning to say I think your avatar is quite cool for a while :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
What d0 you think of FF13, most hate it, I didn't think the story was that bad overall compared to most others in the series (we'll ignore F13-3, should never drag to three games).

Also, Caius is drinking in a bar and Sephiroth is showing off some sword tricks, he ends up spilling Caius's drink, they get into a fight over it, who wins, if either?
Reply 14
Original post by Riku
FFIX and Cortex Strikes Back by far. These were the first I played and the ones which evoke the most glorious nostalgia :biggrin:

I like any of the original Crash Bandicoot games up to Crash Bash, however, and although I haven't played many of I-V (my friend shares about these) VI, VII and X all had brilliant story lines. I am halfway through VIII at present.

Mine are FFX and Cortex Strikes Back. :h:

I like listening to entire FF soundtracks in order sometimes, since it makes it feel like I'm playing the game all over again.
Reply 15
Original post by joey11223
What d0 you think of FF13, most hate it, I didn't think the story was that bad overall compared to most others in the series (we'll ignore F13-3, should never drag to three games).

Also, Caius is drinking in a bar and Sephiroth is showing off some sword tricks, he ends up spilling Caius's drink, they get into a fight over it, who wins, if either?

FFXIII was pretty good, had a great premise, but I wasn't a big fan of the linearity. To be honest, also halfway through, just beat Barthandelus.

I'm going to go with Sephiroth, assuming he's got Jenova and the Black Materia nearby :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by miser

I like listening to entire FF soundtracks in order sometimes, since it makes it feel like I'm playing the game all over again.

What's your fave level of Cortex Strikes Back and who's your favourite character/boss battle in FFX?
Hello Riku.
What did you think of FF8? ...It's always the "worst" one but I think it was the best for me, the first one I played so it sort of defined FF in my eyes. I loved X aswell... I bought XII when it came out but it just didn't have the same magic as the earlier games and I lost interest.

Also, did you ever play crash team racing? What a game.

Original post by miser

I like listening to entire FF soundtracks in order sometimes, since it makes it feel like I'm playing the game all over again

Glad I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your avatar makes me think you're saying everything in a cheeky way then giggling afterwards.

Also... Nerdy maybe but some of us are nerds :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Riku
What's your fave level of Cortex Strikes Back and who's your favourite character/boss battle in FFX?

My favourite levels are the ones riding the baby polar bear away from the chasing boulder. :h:

My favourite boss battle in FFX is against Lady Yunalesca, when the party learns the truth and steels themselves to fight life or death against her and Yu Yevon. My favourite character is probably Tidus, since I really root for him, seconded by Kimahri, whom I think is genuine and brave, having come from a background of adversity. Also a shout out to Auron since he is so masculine and stoic.

Quick Reply

Latest